Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Granny Mae with ALL DUE RESPECT...

With all due respect, what words are you going to copyright next, "and" "the" "if" "hello" My point is, you DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL SOMEONE they cant use the word Granny. This has really pissed me off, and I am e mailing full tilt. THIS IS THE USA, if i want to use the word GRANNY I **** sure will use the word granny. YOU DONT OWN THAT WORD. YOU DONT HAVE RIGHTS TO THAT WORD. This is ****** absurd. Does anyone here agree with me? I know, your going to ban me, go right ahead. Im furious granny, do you legally own the rights to that word, no....Not to mention poker sites are OUT of the country, why should they care about ******** copyrights Anyway. I dont mean to come off as rude, and I wish you all the best granny, please try to see this from my angle. have a good evening.

Matt
Old 04-05-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Granny Mae with ALL DUE RESPECT...

The bunny keeps going and going...

This ought to be fun.

This is a troll. Do not respond, My post doesnt count because its already at the top fo the forum anyways.

rJ
Old 04-05-2005, 06:50 PM

Granny's argument is not a legal one, but an ethical one. In fact, Granny already anticipated this defense. The first line in Granny's post says:

[ QUOTE ]

this is a free country and there is not much i can do about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, conceding your well reasoned arguement, surely you'll agree that it's within Granny's rights to expose your deception to the forum as well as asking 2+2 and FTP to take action in in good faith.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:52 PM

the true ethical issue here is that someone actually wants to promote Full Tilt Poker.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My point is, you DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL SOMEONE they cant use the word Granny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

This is great that you guys can agree on this issue.

Granny has already stated that she can't tell anyone whether or not to use a given word.

[ QUOTE ]
With all due respect

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't seem particularly respectful to me.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:54 PM

Your and you're are so completely and utterly different. I'm astounded and appalled by the lack of grammatical prowess when it comes to idiots posting, even though I think Granny's overstating his economical harm, if any.

YOU'RE != YOUR
Old 04-05-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a troll. Do not respond, My post doesnt count because its already at the top fo the forum anyways.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

Right now it is in first position, so I'm not bumping either. I'll respond to some other posts after this to push it down and cancel out this one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As to the OP, the other posters are correct. This is an ethical move and not a legal one. Everyone on 2+2 knows GM and he is a well respected poster here. So you are basically just riding on his coat tails. These is the whole free rider theory. No one plays FT anyhow, so not that big of a deal in my book, but still lame.

And on a final note, if you are going to write a post saying "with all due respect," then I would try not to cuss in everyone other word. I hope you don't think that is a polite and mature way of discussing your point of view. You would probably have a lot more people listen to you if you gave a well thought out response and not some curse laden post.

Also being banned on your new account is cute. Why not use your real one?? Another reason to show how shameless you are.

Ok, time to discuss some worthwhile ventures on other posts to push this one down [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think that should be the new rule. You must post on at least 3 other threads for everyone one troll you post to. Or something like that.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THIS IS THE USA

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention poker sites are OUT of the country

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice going, dumbass.