Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Re: DERB

look, he is better than you and has a higher understanding of poker than you. by your tone i see you could never make this play and its clear taht you lack of understanding is hindering your earn substantially.

i would assum that derb raked in a gigantic pot here and made many extra bets bc he didnt give his hand away too early as us tight predictable 2ers always do.

btw, txredman, derb proves that your play with aa is correct. [censored] the haters.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Right, because his play in hand 1 especially shows he has absolutely no understanding of certain very basic concepts. This makes it impossible for him to a winner of the proportions that people make him out to be.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get it. havent we datamined like 8 trillion hands from derb and he is winning like 3BB/100? there's something to be learned. obviously he makes mistakes, but he makes up for them and then some.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Right, because his play in hand 1 especially shows he has absolutely no understanding of certain very basic concepts. This makes it impossible for him to a winner of the proportions that people make him out to be.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

100/200 Party (convertor isn't working for me so i'm retyping from hh)

Fish open raises UTG, Derb gets tricky and cold calls on the button with KK, SB makes it 3 bets, BB cold calls, UTG calls and Derb decides to continue the charade and CALLS

World class.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given his relative position with the 3-better (AND the initial PFR) I think his just calling is perfectly fine. He might get to pop the whole field on the flop, or even better, the 3-better bets and the initial raiser tries to isolate with a raise... Now the big pot builds...
Old 11-03-2005, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, txredman, derb proves that your play with aa is correct. [censored] the haters.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny on at least 3 levels [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 07:11 AM

Default Re: More Derb Hands

[ QUOTE ]

seriously though, he likes to check and slowplay to induce action it seems. and he balances that with turn raises and river plays that seem nonsensical in isolation but are beginning to make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add to that: He often seems to have some outs (gutshot etc) when making a move on the turn with a questionable hand. Somewhat analogous to a NL SuperSystem bluffing style. Hence all the bad beats he dishes out.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:31 AM

Seems like he plays ok to me. He's extremely aggressive and his hand range is very wide. Sounds like you pretty much have to pay him off a good portion of the time. Add in even fair hand reading skills, no need to be excellent, and I think you have at least a 1 bb/100 winner at 30/60, and maybe even more.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:55 AM

Default Abdul Jalib

I take it that the slovenian players that frequent Party mid high games are in someway connected to Abdul?

Link1

Link2

About half way down link 2 someone mentions Abdul and Izmet "tearing it up in Slovenia"
Old 11-03-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Abdul Jalib - the Slovenien Connection

What is up with this? I have property coming my way in Slovenia and am fluent in the language so I am curious.

Has there been a migration of some American poker theorists to Slovenia? What is their history? Do they own a club or something? Why do they act so esoterically with their names and such? Is this a group one wants to belong to, or are they too weird? Thanks
Old 11-03-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Abdul Jalib - the Slovenien Connection

[ QUOTE ]
What is up with this? I have property coming my way in Slovenia and am fluent in the language so I am curious.

Has there been a migration of some American poker theorists to Slovenia? What is their history? Do they own a club or something? Why do they act so esoterically with their names and such? Is this a group one wants to belong to, or are they too weird? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Abdul Jalib was someone that contributed on these boards and on recpoker a while back (not sure when but before I played poker anyway)

From his posts it is clear that Abdul is a great thinker/strategist. His "shania" post that I have read on here was certainly a lightbulb moment for me.

I'm not saying that it is definately linked but I find it odd that it is said that he moved there and now there is a very good unconventional high limit player based there.

Congrats on the property by the way - Slovenia is a beautiful country.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: More Derb Hands

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

seriously though, he likes to check and slowplay to induce action it seems. and he balances that with turn raises and river plays that seem nonsensical in isolation but are beginning to make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding!

[/ QUOTE ]

and what about the hands that are being presented that not even metagame considerations can save?