Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Betsize on river #2

Prima .5/1 6-max

I get J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button.
Everybody limps , including me. (My PFR with JJ is 80%+ so this is not standard. I had raised 3-4 hands in a row and felt like a raise this time would get many callers and I'm not sure I want to play a big multiway pot with JJ, even in position) Is this reasoning terrible? Like I said, I raise 9 times out of 10 here normally. anyway...

6 players. 6$ pot.
Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hit my set = very good.
3-flush board 6-handed = not so very good.

Checked to me.
I bet 5$, comments?

BB is the only one who calls. (once again no read [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], however he only has 60$ left).

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot 16$)
BB checks, I bet 10$, comments?
BB calls.

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot 36$)
My moneycard.
BB checks. I make an overbet, 50$, putting villian all in. Anyone do this differently? Make a small bet that wants a call?

What hands do you think villian calls/folds with if you compare a 18$ bet to a 50$ bet. What has the highest EV against villians possible range?
Old 10-12-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Betsize on river #2

i'd make a smaller bet...he's drawing at the flush most likely from the way this hand played out...and now has nothing...maybe 1 pair. I can't see 1 pair calling much of anything on this board and I can't see a busted draw calling anything.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:35 PM

Flop and turn are fine. Looks like he was drawing, has QJ or a small flush on the river. I don't mind the overbet since QJ and a any flush is calling.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:41 PM

Raise PF. Flop and turn are ok. Bet far less on the river. If he was drawing, he's folding anyway, if he's slowplaying he'll check/raise like a doofus, if he's got a hand like JQ or AQ you're just scaring him off.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:49 PM

Don't like the preflop limp, but if you are changing gears I guess I can live with it. Flop and turn look standard. I make what looks a value bet on the river $15-$20 hoping for a raise. If villain was chasing with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you aren't getting any more action. If villain got cute playing his nut flush then you are taking his stack.