Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 09:03 PM

Default My pokerroom nightmare (Rant)

So I found this site pokersourceonline.com a couple weeks ago. I only say the name of the site for bad publicity. Im definately not trying to shill. This site had affiliate deals where you could sign up for online pokersites and recieve a free gift. Gifts included 500 piece chip sets, poker tables, poker books, free subscription to pokertracker, etc. Plus you could get a deposit bonus.

So one of the sites that they offered was pokerrroom and if you signed up through them you could get a free gift and a 40% deposit bonus up to $200. Pretty good eh? So I signed up for a free copy of pokertracker. Deposited $500. But only got a $100 bonus. So this affiliate site has a message board/forum. So I posted this in the forum and the mods told me to email pokerrroom and that they would fix it. Fair enough I emailed pokerroom support and they replyed that yes I should have recieved a 40% bonus of $200 for signing up through this affiliate. The next day the bonus was fixed. All good.

Then on Monday May 2nd I played on PR untill 9:30 pM EST. My account balance was $482 when I quit. The next day I recieved an email that my refer a friend bonus of $25 was deposited to my account. However I wasnt refered by a friend but just assumed that it was from signing up from the affiliate. So I go check my account balance to see the $25 increase. However my account balance was still $482. So I emailed PR support told them about the refer a friend email and told them that the money was never placed into my account and that the were having server problems that day and it might have gotten messed up. They replyed back that it was put into my account on Monday May 2nd at apporximately 10 PM EST. Thats funny, I quit playing at 9:30 that night and my balance was still the same. However, I thought oh well, its just $25 not worth arguing over.

Then after I earned my required 400 PR points needed to claim my free gift from the affiliate I notified the affiliate. Then I got an email from them and said it had to be verified and would take a day or two. No prob. But then when I got the verification email, it said my free gift was denied because my account wasnt opened through that specific affiliate. Hum thats funny as they credited my account for the 40% bonus that is exclusive to that affiliate and they even emailed me saying so.

So, I basically posted this problem on the affiliates message board. The affiliate notified PR and asked them to reply to the message board which they did. However, they said my account was credited to a player named choppertom and thats why I recieved a refer a friend bonus and was not credited w/ my free gift from the affiliate.

I responded with: 'if I was signed up through the refer a friend program, why was I credited with the 40% bonus. And also that I never even recieved the ghost $25 dollars.

Now its to the point of not wanting to argue w/ monkeys because even if I do win the arguement, then PR is going to want to take back the $25 dollars that they never even gave me in the first freaking place. Amazing. Not to mention that you cant even play on pokerroom without your cards and the flop cards disappearing in the middle of hands. I mean how the hell are you suppose to play poker when cards are disappearing? This site is unreal.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: My pokerroom nightmare (Rant)

sounds like two separate rants combined into one.

rant #1) pokerroom software has disappearing cards and avatars. this was discussed in the zoo last week. best solution for now is to turn avatars off, and play no more than 2-3 tables at a time. or use the no-download java client.

rant #2) PSO is gonna rip you off. I highly doubt this given my personal track record with their service. give them another day or two to get to the bottom of the situation. I wouldn't be surprised that even if something did in fact go wrong and it was nobody's fault, they would be big enough to give you the free gift at their expense just as a show of good faith, especially for a "soft" product like PT which has no physical manufacturing or delivery cost.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:24 PM

PSO has top notch sevice and is professional.

Sounds like you either signed up through a different affiliate or signed up through them and entered the wrong code and got put under another affiliate.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:36 PM

I mean honestly Im not mad at PSO because I know its not their fault. I know pokerroom screwed up somewhere. Thats why I named the thread "my pokerroom nightmare" and not "my PSO nightmare"

[ QUOTE ]
give them another day or two to get to the bottom of the situation

[/ QUOTE ]

However, its been a week since my last post on their forum and nothing has been done and I havent recieved any replys or updates. So, it really doesnt look like anything is going to happen.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you either signed up through a different affiliate or signed up through them and entered the wrong code and got put under another affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I thought that this couldve been the problem. But its kind of hard to mess up when the code is "PSO"

Besides Pokerroom sent me this email:

[ QUOTE ]
Hi XXXX,

Thank you for your recent email.

You are correct. When you create a pokerroom account via pokersource online.com
then you qualify for 40% up to $200. I will have to escalate your query to the
relevant department to manually adjust your bonus.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Fazlin

PokerRoom.com Support Team
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PokerRoom.com
MEET THEM AND BEAT THEM
http://www.pokerroom.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Then the next day my bonus account was $200 instead of $100. I dont see how they can say that, and adjust my bonus to 40%, then turn around and say I was refered by another player. And to top things off the $25 that I was suppose to have recieved, was never even put into my account.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PSO has top notch sevice and is professional.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this sounds top notch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo. Why won't they answer him in the forum there? Affiliates suck bro'. This guy is having [censored] service and every answer is telling him Pokerguide is great. lol Affiliates take and take then when you need them you are just a bother. All are the same. Unless you play huge and long they don't give a [censored]. This guy has a complaint. Where are they?
Old 05-13-2005, 10:59 PM

Yes you are right. Where are they?

I just dont understand the logic of Pokerroom crediting my account with the 40% PSO bonus one day then the a few days later denying my free gift and saying I signed up through a refer a friend? There is no logic there. Then to make matters worse, the $25 refer a friend bonus was never even put into my account. Like I said, I dont believe it is PSOs fault, but the mods on there have done nothing to help except tell me to email the monkeys at Pokerroom.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:28 AM

I have had nothing but good experiences with pso. Any problem or question has been handled promptly. I don't think you can expect the additional prize to paid to you from pso if they have not been paid from pokerroom. I also believe that eventually if what you are saying is true they may get you the gift even if they aren't paid by pokerroom. Did the promotion appear on your pso page as in progress.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:05 AM

You should certainly edit your original post and take back your harsh words about PSO. Their customer service is flawless, and they're always doing anything they can do to help...

It looks like you're the one who screwed up.

PS If you want me to post pictures of my two free chipsets (from one deal) to rub it in your face for being a jerk about it, let me know.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should certainly edit your original post and take back your harsh words about PSO. Their customer service is flawless, and they're always doing anything they can do to help...

[/ QUOTE ]
Why should he do this? It has been a week and his problem has not been resolved. PSO has one of the better affiliate reputations but this is not the first complaint that has been posted here.

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like you're the one who screwed up

[/ QUOTE ]

By entering the code PSO?