Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Tc8s in BB, Flop is Js9s7s

First hand of a $50 freeroll on JetSet Poker. Blinds are 10/20, everyone has 1500 chips. I've got Tc8s in BB. 4 limpers, and I check. Flop is Js9s7s. SB goes all in. I?
Old 11-16-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Tc8s in BB, Flop is Js9s7s

call. who cares, its a freeroll. if its a freeroll chances are he has a FD+TP @ best, maybe not even that good. Worse comes to wose. C'mon 10s!!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:20 PM

Why bother responding if your advice is 'who cares'?
Old 11-16-2005, 06:08 PM

He means 'who cares' as in what do you have to lose. You almost certainly have the best hand and are probably a 2-1 fav. I can't see anyway I fold this in almost any tourny. Just think if he has the flush you have that one beautiful redraw.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:12 PM

Not worried about getting called by any of the other limpers who may have a higher flush draw?
Old 11-16-2005, 06:18 PM

Insta-call.

You have an awesome hand, and if the guy played a flsuh like a doofus, ,well atleast you have 1 out. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 06:31 PM

I did call. So did the other 3 limpers. An 8 came on the turn, and another spade on the river. The guy who went all in initiall had 2 low spades. Someone else ended up with the nut flush and another person ended up with a K high flush. Even the one guy playing total crap (Q9o) ended up with a higher straight.

My real question is this...after that flop, isn't it correct for anyone with the As to call the all in? How about anyone with the Ks? Given that, and the number of limpers, was it really the right move for me to call with my straight? If a spade comes in the final 2 cards, I'm probably beaten. Even if one doesn't, someone might have 2 spades and an already made flush.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:38 PM

In poker, everybody can make decisions that are "right". Just because what you did caused someone else to do something "right" doesn't mean what you did wasn't also "right". Yes, you may have been a slight dog to the Ace of spades (which wasn't even necessarily out) but your edge on everyone else is likely significant. You gain EV from them and share it with the A of spades when the flush doesn't come.