Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 10:16 AM

Default A9s \"steal\"

CO is very loose and calls my raises all the time 60/11 and passive
SB plays odd, he is 30/11 and too aggressive postflop with 2.5/5/2.

SB could be betting with Ax and perhaps some low pocket but I think he would've 3bet any pocket that has me beat here, he could have a flushdraw with suited connectors as well. So I raise to get the loosie out. But then I don't follow through because I catch a flushdraw on the turn?

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 08-03-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: A9s \"steal\"

consider betting the turn and checking behind on the river. i say consider b/c this guy is so likely to c'r you with even 1 pair that checking and hopefully inducing a bluff may be best.

-Barron
Old 08-03-2005, 10:21 AM

Looks fine.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
consider betting the turn and checking behind on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-03-2005, 04:14 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
consider betting the turn and checking behind on the river. i say consider b/c this guy is so likely to c'r you with even 1 pair that checking and hopefully inducing a bluff may be best.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, huh?

did you just contradict yourself? you have a good hand with many outs if he has you beat.. why do you want to bet and risk a PROBABLE checkraise?
Old 08-03-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, huh?

did you just contradict yourself? you have a good hand with many outs if he has you beat.. why do you want to bet and risk a PROBABLE checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

of the times he checkraises, hero is behind a vast majority of the time. that is the assumption going into it given his turn aggression factor. if that is wrong and villian will not only c'r his 1 pair hands but more of his straight bluffs and draws then sure, bet into it.

my statement, however, was not an inherent contradiction.

-Barron
Old 08-03-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

The key boards here are consider and may
Old 08-03-2005, 04:37 PM

I'd bet the turn and call down a raise (unimproved). Even if you are behind, you likely have 15 outs, so betting can't be that big of a mistake. If he likes to check-raise the turn a lot with a lot of bluffs/draws, don't deny him to chance to.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the turn and call down a raise (unimproved). Even if you are behind, you likely have 15 outs, so betting can't be that big of a mistake. If he likes to check-raise the turn a lot with a lot of bluffs/draws, don't deny him to chance to.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. really depends on the guy's c'ring turn standards.

-Barron