Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 02:53 AM

Default My one NBA lock

I am very confident with the Heat tomorrow night. First off the Tracy McGrady injury really hurts the Rockets offensive game. Secondly this is their first road game of the year so without their MVP it could be a rough experience.

The Heat are coming off a close home game to the Nets and want to prove that they are a strong team without Shaq.

I like the Heat to win this one pretty handily.

With the loss to the Pacers this is actually an early season must win for the Heat.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: My one NBA lock

[ QUOTE ]
First off the Tracy McGrady injury really hurts the Rockets offensive game. Secondly this is their first road game of the year so without their MVP it could be a rough experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to pick on you, but don't you think they took this into account when setting the line? If anything, injuries usually move the line too much.

Just a heads-up on this as well ... I know McGrady went nuts in the playoffs, but if you look at the regular season stats, Houston actually had better net point numbers with McGrady out of the game than with him in.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First off the Tracy McGrady injury really hurts the Rockets offensive game. Secondly this is their first road game of the year so without their MVP it could be a rough experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to pick on you, but don't you think they took this into account when setting the line? If anything, injuries usually move the line too much.

Just a heads-up on this as well ... I know McGrady went nuts in the playoffs, but if you look at the regular season stats, Houston actually had better net point numbers with McGrady out of the game than with him in.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think the Rockets can contain the scoring pop of Dwayne Wade without TMac? Looks to me like the Heat just KILL the Rockets in depth and scoring even without a healthy Shaq.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:21 AM

I think if anything the under 174.5 is the bet in tommorrow's Hou-Mia game. T-mac is hurt and the Rockets are struggling, Mia played a tough game tonight. I dont see many fast break points or easy buckets tommorrow, this may be a dead under.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:53 AM

Come on, EVERYONE knows how dumb bookies are, and that all it takes to beat them is some widely available info [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 02:27 PM

I think Heat -5 is an approximately correct line. If you put a gun to my head and told me I had to pick a side, I would take Miami.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all it takes to beat them is some widely available info

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bet early, this part of the statement is true. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]