Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 10:15 PM

Default M=2, Push A6 UTG+2 w/1 limper?

I've got 625 chips. Blinds just went to 100/200. Average stack is around 4000. Table has been VERY loose. I've been looking for chances to steal blinds for the last four cycles and only had one good opportunity because there's always a limper ahead of me unless I'm UTG. I'm UTG+2 and I have A6, but UTG limped. Do I push?
Old 09-10-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: M=2, Push A6 UTG+2 w/1 limper?

What kind of hands do limpers show down?
If what you've seen indicates you have a good chance of being ahead of UTG's range I take it. Down to 625, you need to make a stand as soon as possible.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:59 AM

They're not showing down completely random hands, but their range has been awfully big. Let's say 22+, AX, KXs, QT+, Q9s, JT for arguments sake.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:40 AM

In that case yeah, do it. With the size of your chipstack I'd be happy to go in with an ace against a QJs or whatever.
You're ahead of limper's range as you described it so go ahead and push. (You may also be less likely to get a call behind as they will have to worry about what limper does when action gets back to him.)
Old 09-11-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got 625 chips. Blinds just went to 100/200. Average stack is around 4000. Table has been VERY loose. I've been looking for chances to steal blinds for the last four cycles and only had one good opportunity because there's always a limper ahead of me unless I'm UTG. I'm UTG+2 and I have A6, but UTG limped. Do I push?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's funny here is I think the UTG limper helps you.

people are less likely call you with marginal hands like KJ or KQ or even something like AJ-AT, because the presence of the limper. They may think you're desperate, but they have no idea what limper might have.

So I think given your spot its time to poosh.

-Scott
Old 09-11-2005, 03:59 PM

Interesting point.

What actually happened was it was folded around to the original limper who called with K2s. He flopped a king and I was out of the tournament, but I certainly couldn't complain about getting my money in with that matchup.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting point.

What actually happened was it was folded around to the original limper who called with K2s. He flopped a king and I was out of the tournament, but I certainly couldn't complain about getting my money in with that matchup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

I just had an equally frustrating one. UTG makes a weak raise, a little over 2x BB. button calls, I push with AQc. UTG thinks forever and finally calls...with KQ. of course he makes a runner runner straight.

-Scott
Old 09-11-2005, 05:07 PM

Good decision with the push.. The guy who called in the first place with K2 will probably not be going far.. Although his call after your push was almost mandatory I guess considering the pot odds
Old 09-11-2005, 05:08 PM

This was in a qualifier for the Paradise Freemillion 2 or whatever its called...so most of the players won't be going far. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]