Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: long discussion on equities

No, it is the actual long term value we gain from his fold. Try and get through my long post. Hopefully it is coherent.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So back to the OP, if our opponent will never make an incorrect fold on the turn we have no fold equity

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's entirely true. If say villian has T9 in OP hand, he is making a correct fold, but we still gain because he doesn't have the chance to hit the 9 or the T. We lose as compared to if he called, but we gain as compared to if we check.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:38 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: turn

id check if i thought hed bluff the river a lot, since unpaired cards have only 4 outs. but i dont think you can, and i think he will bluff enough to make a difference, so i bet. likewise, if hed never bluff then id check also.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So back to the OP, if our opponent will never make an incorrect fold on the turn we have no fold equity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that's entirely true. If say villian has T9 in OP hand, he is making a correct fold, but we still gain because he doesn't have the chance to hit the 9 or the T. We lose as compared to if he called, but we gain as compared to if we check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sorry. Whenever we are not at SD and villain is not drawing dead we have some folding equity, but it doesn't matter if we want villain to call (never makes an incorrect fold). In these cases we will always have a pot equity edge regardless.

edit: And this isn't actually an always thing. There are some cases where we could have a pot equity edge HU and whether we bet or call is decided on fold equity. The only situations I can think if is when villain's tightness/looseness changes drastically between streets.