Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 07:45 AM

Default Nut flush draw facing big action

The card room I play at recently started spreading some baby no-limit games. I'm a limit player normally, but this was the only game open, and I'm trying to improve my NL game a bit.

We're 10-handed with a bunch of guys who just busted out of a tournament. It's 1-2 blinds and a 100 max buy-in. We've played about 3 orbits and half the hands have gone to the flop w/o a raise, while the other flops are costing 6 to 8 bucks to see.

Small blind - $75 stack, play with him a lot at limit and is a calling station.

Hero (MP) - $150 stack, I've only played 2 hands past the flop, showing AA and a pair + busted flush draw.

Button - $150 stack, won a decent pot with 2 pair, otherwise hasn't done anything out of the ordinary one way or the other.

Hero picks up Ac7c in MP. I follow a limper for $2 and button limps behind. Small blind raises to $6. First limper folds, button and I call. ($20 pot)

Flop - Kc Jc 2h

Small blind bets 10 pretty quickly, I call, button raises to $85 straight. Small blind says "I ain't no coward" as he pushes his remaining stack in.

Hero?

Results in white below

<font color="white">I think for a few minutes and fold, fearing two pair or a set that can re-draw even if I hit my 9-outter. Small blind shows QTo for open ended straight draw, button shows KQo for TPGK. Expected to see more than that. Turn is Qc and river bricks. MHIG, but it's in the muck.</font>
Old 07-15-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Nut flush draw facing big action

With two guys getting all-in, you can get the right price for your flush draw IF all your outs are live. You get a bit more than 2-1 for your draw and you get 2-1 from the dudes.

Its high variance though, and its best if *you* are pushing.

As it stands, I lay it down, because its just a flush draw, and one of them is likely to have a BIG draw (like QcTc) taking away some of my outs.

I fold here.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Nut flush draw facing big action

Thanks for the reply. The fuzzy math in my head at the time felt like it was an even money situation, and I just didn't feel like gambling it up at that point (high variance as you said). As it turns out, there were many people at the table willing to be stacked with TPGK and I quad-ed my stack in about 2 hours, so it all worked out in the end.