Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Golfers, would it count?

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing with a guy a few years ago that hit his tee shot on a par three in the water, angrily threw another ball on the tee and knocked it in the hole. When I said, "nice three" I thought he was going to come after me with his club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now thats comedy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing with a guy a few years ago that hit his tee shot on a par three in the water, angrily threw another ball on the tee and knocked it in the hole. When I said, "nice three" I thought he was going to come after me with his club.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your play, brilliant in my opinion.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me. Only I thought the first ball was OB and played the second as a provisional. Found the first tee shot and made bogey 4. I didn't get angry though, I still think it is funny.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me. Only I thought the first ball was OB and played the second as a provisional. Found the first tee shot and made bogey 4. I didn't get angry though, I still think it is funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you should have just pretended to look for the first one and just taken a 3
Old 06-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Kind of a thread hijack, but here is a funny story:

During an amateur tournament a couple of years ago two guys were playing a blind, uphill par 3. Guy #1 hits it on the green and Guy #2 thinks he overhit it. Guy #2 doesn't see his ball on the green so he looks in the woods behind the hole. He can't find his ball so he drops one from his pocket while no one is looking and chips onto the green. Guy #1 finished the hole first, but when he goes to take his ball out of the cup, he finds two balls, his ball and Guy #2's ball. Guy #2 had made a hole in one, but then cheated by dropping a pocket ball and was disqualified from the tournament.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kind of a thread hijack, but here is a funny story:

During an amateur tournament a couple of years ago two guys were playing a blind, uphill par 3. Guy #1 hits it on the green and Guy #2 thinks he overhit it. Guy #2 doesn't see his ball on the green so he looks in the woods behind the hole. He can't find his ball so he drops one from his pocket while no one is looking and chips onto the green. Guy #1 finished the hole first, but when he goes to take his ball out of the cup, he finds two balls, his ball and Guy #2's ball. Guy #2 had made a hole in one, but then cheated by dropping a pocket ball and was disqualified from the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

That'll teach him. I always look in the hole on a par three, even when I know I hit that thing in the woods. Never know when you'll get lucky...
Old 06-09-2005, 01:03 PM

I'd count it.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:05 PM

Of course not.