Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Help me with QUEENS please ??

I play 6max and since moving up to $5/$10 I have been reraising 100% with AA/KK/QQ ONLY. I used to only reraise AA/KK.

I am interested to know if other 6max players reraise QQ 100% against semi-short stacks, because if they then go allin you are committed to calling, but rarely see JJ or AQ etc..

UTG (Villian) $390
SB $1000
BB (Hero) $1000

OK. So Hero has QQ in BB

UTG (villian) raises to $40, SB calls, Hero reraises to $160.
Villian goes allin $390. Hero calls.

Is it very bad to just call the $40 here and check/fold an A or K high flop?
Old 11-07-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Help me with QUEENS please ??

Are you crazy? How can you re-raise with QQ? All good players only re-raise AA/KK. If you don't hate money you will go back to doing that.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:06 AM

w/o enough hands on villan to believe that he's not a super nit, this is really really standard so I wouldn't lose sleep over losing to AA/KK.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you crazy? How can you re-raise with QQ? All good players only re-raise AA/KK. If you don't hate money you will go back to doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quoted for truth.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Quoted for truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the replies might go something like this. Thanks the input though! My mind was playing tricks on me.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Quoted for truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the replies might go something like this. Thanks the input though! My mind was playing tricks on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didnt get it, he was being sarcastic. The message was to mix up your play and sometimes reraise with crap so you get action when you do it with AA KK. Reraising QQ is fine, as is calling the push.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play 6max and since moving up to $5/$10 I have been reraising 100% with AA/KK/QQ ONLY. I used to only reraise AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ] is this a joke?
Old 11-07-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] is this a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say around 70% of $5/$10 players systematically reraise PF with only QQ, KK and AA. Of course everyone reraises PF min-raisers on much much more and everyone fools around sometimes.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:21 PM

In all seriousness, you are displaying a fundamental lack of understanding in these posts. For instance, if you knew that someone was opening with 30% of their hands for 4bb, would you really only re-raise with AA-QQ with position? You are giving them exactly what they want - a chance to run you over. At 5/10 I re-raise with AA-22 and suited connectors and AK-AT and whatever else, too. It really depends on the stacks, the positions, the opponents, the table image, etc.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness, you are displaying a fundamental lack of understanding in these posts. For instance, if you knew that someone was opening with 30% of their hands for 4bb, would you really only re-raise with AA-QQ with position? You are giving them exactly what they want - a chance to run you over. At 5/10 I re-raise with AA-22 and suited connectors and AK-AT and whatever else, too. It really depends on the stacks, the positions, the opponent, the table image, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reraise habitual PF raisers with anything above 99 and AJ, but the point of my post was against an average 7%-8% PF raiser (like I find most people are) is it clear to (effectively) reraise allin? When you only get called by AA, KK 80% of the time.

I like your style also, if it complements your post flop play.