Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Two KJs blind hands that suck.

First Hand:
Table was getting wack aggressive - most 3 bets were A8, JQs, and 66. Alot of action. I think I am semi-tilted at this point. The preflop call was fishy perhaps? I did not want to fold this preflop with all the aggression that was going on.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (14 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Second Hand:
One again - cold call bad?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

How many mistakes???
Old 12-07-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Two KJs blind hands that suck.

Hand 1) Check turn. You are not value betting anymore (you probably have around 30% equity) and I don't see how you can produce two folds. Also, it leaves you in a situation where if you hit on the river you could get more bets in by c/r.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:54 PM

Hand 1 I check the turn. You're not folding both of them, and you don't have the best hand.

Hand 2 is a pretty questionable cool call in the SB in a 1/3 structure. In a 1/2 or larger structure, this is a clear call with the two limpers, but I'm not sure about 1/3. Postflop is solid.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:55 PM

Hand 2) Perhaps lead the flop in order to enlist pretty aggresive BB into protecting your hand for you. Otherwise, I don't see much else you could do.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2) Perhaps lead the flop in order to enlist pretty aggresive BB into protecting your hand for you. Otherwise, I don't see much else you could do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont want to go HU here calling extra bets when I am behind. Check call gets my weak draw at the cheapest price. More people calling = better odds.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:02 PM

Firstly - KJs is usually a Re-Raise or a fold in EP/MP for me.

Hand 1 -Preflop is OK IMO specially at this table(You say lots of junky hands got 3bet/capped) and the fact you on SB(Cheaper call) but i think you must fold for 2 back to you. Also don't call these if it WILL get 3bet/Capped IMO(Unless they are always wacko hands - Walking into AK/AJ/AA/KK sucks)!

Check the turn, the club dropped your outs(and equity) and with one card to come it has obviously dropped.

Hand 2 - Preflop same as hand 1, SB cheaper - But if you have any idea of it gettign 3bet you want to fold.

Rest is standard(Flop Call is marginal but huge pot/OC/BDFD/BDSD)
Old 12-07-2005, 04:03 PM

These hands dont suck, I'm thinking that your tilting a little? When you have a gajillion outs and don't hit, that's not suck, and when you do hit, it's really not suck.

anyways, don't bet the turn in hand one every time. If you had said that they love to come to life on the river I think it can be ok, but otherwise just check and hope you hit your nuts/2nd nuts.

Hand 2 looks ok. I dont like betting the flop, because even if you "clean up" your outs, you're not in better shape.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Pot is very big, you might be ahead, RRer to your left. I lead out and hope to narrow it down.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 is a pretty questionable cool call in the SB

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying this because with 2 limpers vs 1 (like in hand 1) the risk of domination is more?
Old 12-07-2005, 05:42 PM

#1: I would 3-bet this and make the BB call 2 to see the flop. With what you desribe being 3-bet at this table, your KJs is much better than a lot of hands CO would be raising. Rest of the hand played fine.

#2: With 2 limpers, I think this call is fine. I would lead the flop and hope BB raised to clear out the field.