Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 11:48 PM

Default pot brownies and bad trips

i did pot brownies for the first time last week. being a naive idiot, i consumed waaaaay too much, and i was [censored] up for about 12 hours. what was strange was that the experience was very similar to having a bad trip off of shrooms. not the aspect of hallucinations, but just my general thoughts and feelings during the trip. sort of like the drugs were probing into my inner consciousness, etc. what's strange is that i never experienced any of these thoughts or sensations when smoking pot, no matter how much i smoked or how i smoked it. has anyone had similar experiences/know what the deal is?

thanks.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: pot brownies and bad trips

I didn't eat as much but I had a bad "trip" from pot brownies. Any time you injest a drug rather than smoke it the experience is a lot more intense.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:53 PM

aahhh, makes much more sense.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:56 PM

read a copy of Wilco's bio - Learning How to Die - in it Jeff Tweedy had quit drinking for a few years, still did weed, but quit after a bad paranoia trip after eating the stuff -

that's enough to keep me from trying it that way -

RB
Old 10-28-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone had similar experiences....

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, very intense. I try to warn people about the pot brownies but they never listen
Old 10-28-2005, 12:04 AM

I used to be a HUGE pothead in High School, beginning of College. One day I smoked some super potent weed and totally bugged, thought I was about to have a heart attack. After that, it was never the same. I would not get paranoid but like horribly anxious and tense.

I tried to alter set, setting, smoke alone, with people i was close with, etc. No matter what I would get the anxiety. So I just stopped smoking one day and have never done it since. The weird part was, I was still able to eat shrooms and other hallucinogens and I could control the effects of those with no problem whatsoever.

I spoke with my parents and oddly enough they stopped smoking years back because of the same thing. Must have something to do with brain chemistry.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:07 AM

Happened to me once too. Wasn't the first time I ate it but it was the first time I ate that much. I wasn't inexperienced or anything but yeah, I pretty much lost my ish. Didn't stop me from eating or smoking again though.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:13 AM

My roommate accidentally ate too many last year. He wound up walking up and down two flights of stairs for hours.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:33 AM

Much more physical high.

My buddy was in the hospital after a cycle accident and me and my now wife cooked up a batch to help in his recovery. So we take it down during visiting hours and gave them over without explanation. He immediately started handing them out to his semi-private roommate and visitors. We enjoyed one also, and then he informs us roomie is a cop! We booked, laughing all the way. Good times.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:37 AM

It's really common your first time with brownies to have too many and be sorry. One reason is that people don't realize how long they take to kick in so after fifteen minutes "Man, these aren't doing anything. I guess I should eat a bunch more". The other reason is that once you're stoned, the munchies kick in and you look around for something to eat and, hey, this plate of brownies is right here.