Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Pokerroom $5 freezout, close to final table

This was a $5 freezout with a few hundred entrants. Prize structure was very steep, with the top 5 getting far better money than the rest of the final table. 8-10 places barely get more than not making the final table at all.

Blinds were 1500T/3000T

I was 3rd in chips with 13 players left, about 85,000T. Villain had 60,000T and had recently raised all-in after I raised 3x the BB from EP. I'd folded my 99.

I had JJ in middle position, raised 10,000T. Villain on Button raised all-in, I called. I honestly did not think much about what kind of hand he had. We'd both been stealing our share of blinds, so I figured he could've had any decent hand.

With me having him covered, and the fact that I'd recently folded to his all-in reraise; was this a good call?

I figured that winning that hand would put me in good shape to make the real money in the top 3, which is all I cared about. I was trying to build up a big stack, so that once in the FT, I could play big stack poker and have a much better shot at winning or getting real close.

FWIW, there were no stacks less than 30,000T. So no one was getting blinded out any time soon.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Pokerroom $5 freezout, close to final table

Easy call. If you ran into AA-QQ that sucks, and its time to catch a J on the river. =D
Old 12-14-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Pokerroom $5 freezout, close to final table

no decision. call. especially since he saw you lay down once to an allin, you can lower his range of hands a little bit based on this information alone, just a shame he had bigger pair or sucked out on you.