Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Bay 101 Final Table - I need to be flamed (LC)

Final table of the Tuesday Rebuy/Add-on tourney. $50 buyin, $20 rebuys, $20 add-ons. 90 players, 250 rebuys, 80 add-ons. First pays about $3200 and bubble is at 10 which pays $200.

When it down to 11 players, I had the BB with blinds at 2000/4000. After posting, I had 5 chips (t5000) behind. UTG pushes all-in 8 chips and it's folded to me with K3o. It's 4 more chips to call with me getting 3 to 1 but I hate my cards. I call anyway and UTG turns over AJo. Flop is KQJ but the turn and river bricks and MHIG.

Bubble boy is pissed but everyone else at the table thought my call is good. Two table break and are reshuffled into the final table.

I then proceed to go on a tear and suckout twice with TT vs QQ (I catch a four flush on the board) and AJo vs KQo (I again catch a four flush with the Ace nut flush). With the blinds I've stolen along the way, I'm now at t85,000...chip leader with 1/3 of the chips in play.

However, blinds are now 5000/10,000. Five players left. The two shorties are on my left and right with about 30k apiece. Opposite me are a couple of rocks with about 50k each. The BB is about to hit me when one of the shorties ask about a 5-way chop. Lloyd the TD does some quick math and it works out to about $1566 apiece. This would be my biggest money in a tourney and I think that 2nd place money sounds pretty good. I have the big stack but with 5k/10k blinds, I only have 8BB's (7 BB's after posting the big and small) and think this can quickly become a crapshoot.

One of the rocks across the way says he wants the jacket that comes with first. I say I should get it since I have the bigger stack. He says no and I say let's play.

The shorty on my left says he'll buy the rock a jacket if we chop ($50 bucks). Rock says okay but thinks I'm getting ripped off.

We all agree but then I start to think the rock is right. Should I have held out for more or waited until it got down to 3 or 4 before we talked deal? I think I was suffering from "happy to be here" syndrome and need a decent flaming from the regulars.

John [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Bay 101 Final Table - I need to be flamed (LC)

Did you do a 5-way CHIP SPLIT, or a 5 way even chop? If you did a 5 way even chop, I hurt...alot.

Nick
Old 10-12-2005, 01:53 PM

5-way EVEN chop. This was the deepest I've ever gotten in a tourney and I developed a bad case of stupiditis from the excitement.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I developed a terminal case of stupiditis from the excitement.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

You are insane to take an even chop here.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:09 PM

Insane. Especially with two rocks. Steal the blinds like a madman, and pretty soon you have 1/2 the chips.

That said, I do understand the concept that you wanted some $$ because this was a big (relative to the person) score for you. However you should have asked for more $$. They are the ones about to be blinded into obvlivion, not you.

Nick
Old 10-12-2005, 02:54 PM

My first big live cash, it was down to four of us, blinds 10000/5000 antes 1000, soon to be 15000/5000 antes 1500. One guy had half the chips 125000 the rest of us had ~40000 exactly 4 big blinds, I suggested some kind of deal, they all rejected the idea, I ended up winning, when 10% of the chips remaining are in before the flop skill is all but eliminated.

By the way the big stack went out in 4th. Don't worry about your decision. All it takes is one small stack to draw out as a 70:30 dog and the tables have turned. Nothing wrong with making a deal, just try and get a little more then the jacket next time.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:59 PM

10k blinds? Don't listen to any of these gusy claiming you made a monumental mistake. While you probably should have asked for a higher cut or simply played for 1st, you could have busted out in 5th before the button got to you. Personally, i would have waited for 2 or 3 more to drop, then offer a deal.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:00 PM

That's a bad chop, but given the fact that you're gonna take the blinds next and basically have to call a shortie all in with random cards next hand, it's not THAT terrible. You realistically lost a few hundred on the deal, though.

Next time, play on after rejecting the jacket deal, just to spite the rock.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
suckout twice with TT vs QQ (I catch a four flush on the board) and AJo vs KQo (I again catch a four flush with the Ace nut flush).

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I misread? It sounds like you had AJ, so how's this a suckout?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
suckout twice with TT vs QQ (I catch a four flush on the board) and AJo vs KQo (I again catch a four flush with the Ace nut flush).

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I misread? It sounds like you had AJ, so how's this a suckout?

[/ QUOTE ]maybe k or q flopped?