Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Tough lesson learned re: mucking after showdown in a B&M game

[ QUOTE ]
I muck Kings up made on the river, and realize it shortly thereafter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to go back to SSHE and reread the chapter on hidden outs. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2005, 01:10 PM

A week ago, my last night in Vegas, I was playing the $2/$4 game at the Golden Nugget. By the river I was heads up with a lady in seat 4 (I was in seat 7 and not in her direct line of sight). On the river, she bet out and I called with a hand I was pretty sure was beaten (busted draw or something like that). Seat 4 mucked her hand face down!! My eyes bug wide open as the dealer pushes the pot to me and I slide my cards to him face down. The lady in seat 4 leans forward to look at me and says, "I thought everyone folded." I had been playing pretty tight all night, but was doing absolutely nothing to attempt to hide the fact that I was still in the hand. Sometimes, inattention works in your favor.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He stood up, yelled "SHIP IT", tossed his aces on the table and watched helplessly as one of them continued to the other side of the table, up & over the rail, and onto the floor. Dead hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If both Aces were face-up and one flew off, would the hand still be dead? It's pretty hard to miss it being an A, and I imagine several players would confirm...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, still dead. The whole table saw it. There was no mistaking what the hand was. A rule is a rule.

Onaflag...........