Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Empire is not Closing Accounts because of the Bonus

[ QUOTE ]

As to playing on multiple skins, I can't see why they (Party, since they're the basis for all the skins) would care, other than if it's costing them money. The only way

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are my thoughts on this.

Perhaps you are not seeing the bigger picture here. With the exception (I think) of tournaments, all these 'skins' are portals to the same tables. Think of the possibilites of collusion/cheating.

The ONE thing these sites can not risk (for very long - and maybe that time has come) is the fear that people - new blood in particular - might have that cheating/collusion is a problem. We are dealing with money afterall...

It's also making some sites way too tight for the 'non-whoring' people. When everyone starts to tighten up, there is less rake and therefore less profit. If I am right, I think the Cryptos will soon follow suit. You can't get a good $1/2 table there now (it's hard--there are so few anyway) without it being filled with tight bonus whores. I think that's possibly why Interpoker has created smaller limits. At those limits, bonuses are not going to be clearable so now others can play...and actually PLAY. Let the whores 'play' amongst themselves. If so, I don't think that's a good solution however but if it lessens the whores, perhaps more people will play $1/2 again.

Enforcing a one skin per person/IP address might just be the best way they can see to deal with the cheating possibilites...and that might just help (at Cryptos in particular) keep the non-whoring players happy and playing at their sites.

---Leavenfish
Old 05-07-2005, 03:16 PM

I have NO idea where to put this, because this whole forum is crapped up with Empire threads. I didn't want to worry about having this cloud over my head, so I emailed Empire directly about my account, preemptively striking so I could clear some things up.

My emails said........ "I play at Empire and other sites, and I always take advantage of the reloads. I got scared and pulled all my money out when you starting closing accounts, and am not sure why you are doing this. Now that there's a reload coming that I want to take advantage of, what is the status of my account, and what should I do?

Their reply....

"Thank you for contacting customer support.

Some accounts have been closed by our management after investigations found that these accounts practiced suspicious and wrongful actions that we do not support at EmpirePoker.com.

We have NOT confiscated any monies and all players who have written to vip@empirepoker.com have been refunded.

We can assure you that your money is safe at Empire and would like you to continue to play and enjoy EmpirePoker, please feel free to deposit your money and take advantage of our reload bonus on Tuesday.

If you have any more concerns or suggestions please feel free to contact us."

So, it makes me feel a little better. I use Empire the most of any Party Skin, it's the only one I use when I'm not chasing a bonus. I typically play .50/1 through 2/4, and in recent months I'm pretty sure my Empire MGR is negative or break-even at best.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:24 PM

I'm fairly sure the closing of accounts are "bonus hunters".

1. They put a $10 "bonus" in peoples accounts last month right before the reload bonus. This $10 cleared at 30x so in essence people (myself included)had to play an extra 300 hands to obtain the reload bonus.

2. A small affilliate here said his revenue model was changed by Empire from one time to mgr and empire cited the reason for this was that one of his people was a bonus hunter. He went from $113 to -3.

3. Most people who had thier accounts closed said they only played Empire during reload bonuses.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most people that chase bonuses, are playing on multiple skins, so they are indirectly related.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I play multiple skins and never bonus whore. Am I in danger?
Old 05-07-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have NO idea where to put this, because this whole forum is crapped up with Empire threads. I didn't want to worry about having this cloud over my head, so I emailed Empire directly about my account, preemptively striking so I could clear some things up.

My emails said........ "I play at Empire and other sites, and I always take advantage of the reloads. I got scared and pulled all my money out when you starting closing accounts, and am not sure why you are doing this. Now that there's a reload coming that I want to take advantage of, what is the status of my account, and what should I do?

Their reply....

"Thank you for contacting customer support.

Some accounts have been closed by our management after investigations found that these accounts practiced suspicious and wrongful actions that we do not support at EmpirePoker.com.

We have NOT confiscated any monies and all players who have written to vip@empirepoker.com have been refunded.

We can assure you that your money is safe at Empire and would like you to continue to play and enjoy EmpirePoker, please feel free to deposit your money and take advantage of our reload bonus on Tuesday.

If you have any more concerns or suggestions please feel free to contact us."

So, it makes me feel a little better. I use Empire the most of any Party Skin, it's the only one I use when I'm not chasing a bonus. I typically play .50/1 through 2/4, and in recent months I'm pretty sure my Empire MGR is negative or break-even at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the same thing and got the EXACT same email back.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:22 PM

If you play multiple skins and never bonus whore, why would you care if they shut your Empire account down?
Old 05-07-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most people that chase bonuses, are playing on multiple skins, so they are indirectly related.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I play multiple skins and never bonus whore. Am I in danger?

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, so you could click a few buttons and make an extra $100-$200, but you choose not to?
Old 05-07-2005, 05:35 PM

maybe he plays tourneys.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fairly sure the closing of accounts are "bonus hunters".

1. They put a $10 "bonus" in peoples accounts last month right before the reload bonus. This $10 cleared at 30x so in essence people (myself included)had to play an extra 300 hands to obtain the reload bonus.

2. A small affilliate here said his revenue model was changed by Empire from one time to mgr and empire cited the reason for this was that one of his people was a bonus hunter. He went from $113 to -3.

3. Most people who had thier accounts closed said they only played Empire during reload bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

But does that make sense? I mean, they offer reload bonuses...clearly it must be okay in their eyes...then hit people over the head for taking them up on it???

---Leavenfish