Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2005, 08:01 AM

Default AQs. NASTY HAND. PARTY 1/2.

ok.
havent been playing this game too much lately.
just sat a few rounds ago and have only showed down solid hands, so i have should have a good and TAG image.

an EMP opens... he plays ok and is prob a small winner in this game... def a selftaught old school type... he coldcalls alot and plays more passive postflop than a 2P2, but he can mix it up and has an decent understanding of holdem it seems.
i threebet on the button w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]... loose and semiaggro fishy guy calls in the SB and the EMP call... so 3way.

flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
checkcheck to me and i bet.

i check here sometimes and i almost checked this one through, but EMP is v capable of making a quick exit if he doesnt have a big hand and SB could have something like JT here, so i felt like i needed to give myself a chance to win the pot now.
well, sb checkraises and EMP calls 2.
yay. i call also.
i have 2 BDs and an over, but i feel like im drawing dead here... does this call suck?

turn comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
checkcheck to me again, i check.
hmmm.

river comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets, EMP folds, and now im getting 10:1ish to call w/ nut nada. clubs missed, so i go ahead and call.

this cant be right.
i think all postflop streets merit discussion (although 4th may be clear).