Old 10-25-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Re: ultimate fighter on spike

[ QUOTE ]
I must break you.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:12 AM

This season sucks! Last season was really good, but they continue to bury the fighters week after week.

Example, what if Rashad wins the Heavhyweight...are we supposed to want to see him fight after the President of the UFC said he fought in the "shittiest" fight of all time and is lazy!

Every week we have to hear some inspirational speech by Dana "Don't call me Vince McMahon" White about fighting and putting on a show.

The only people on that show that can even market this season is Luke and Joe everyone else is already useless and some of them have not even fought yet.

And instead of making stars they made one of their biggest stars in Matt Hughes into the most hated fighter in the UFC now.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew he would kick ass from the first time they showed him dominating in that wall sit exercise or whatever it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this too. also, do you remember when he first came in, and had to adjust his bed to face north to line up his chi with the spritual center of the room or whatever reason he gave? Everyone kind of made fun of him, and rightfully so, but I was hoping after that that he'd be a huge badass and put the stamp on fools.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:38 PM

It wasn't locked. Sammy's crotch wasn't passed the elbow. It was on his forearm. Although it's a bad example, the attempted arm bar was similar to when Frank Mir broke Tim Sylvia's forearm.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fighting is usually ok. I'm not really interested in all their little hissy fits. Some fights have just downright sucked. Regular UFC/Pride fights are much better, imo.

Check this out for a huge list of fights you can watch for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are awesome. Simply awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...yes...that is a huge list, nice job...
Old 10-25-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And instead of making stars they made one of their biggest stars in Matt Hughes into the most hated fighter in the UFC now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.. I think Matt Hughes has been awesome in the show. Everything he has done/said on the show is completely in line with my feeling before the show that he is just a complete badass.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:22 AM

I do not disagree with the fact that Hughes is a badass and one of the best fighters ever in the UFC...he is just not really coach material.

First off, he puts the heavyweights through the same workouts as the welterweights which is stupid and is probably the cause of all his heavyweights going down.

Second. Jason Von Flue comes in as an alternate and works his ass off and beats Franklin's best welterweight and training partner..and what does Hughes do? Plays solitare and doesn't say a word and them gives him up to the other team.

I think after this show is that Hughes will draw now, but in a different way. I think he will be the guy that everyone wants to get knocked out. Franklin will be the nice guy fan favorite and Hughes is being played as the bad guy.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Second. Jason Von Flue comes in as an alternate and works his ass off and beats Franklin's best welterweight and training partner..and what does Hughes do? Plays solitare and doesn't say a word and them gives him up to the other team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was really dick. They guy fought his heart out and Hughes couldn't even give him a high five.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was really dick. They guy fought his heart out and Hughes couldn't even give him a high five.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree too, good point, Business.

However, I think the general take on Matt from the show is simply that he's a badass that expects everyone on his team to be a similar level of badass, not that he's a bad guy or whatever.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree too, good point, Business.

However, I think the general take on Matt from the show is simply that he's a badass that expects everyone on his team to be a similar level of badass, not that he's a bad guy or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, it's a variation on the Jordan as a coach problem.

Also, we must remember that the show is heavily edited and a dickish hughes is good for ratings.