Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 09:38 PM

Default do you make the call?? stars 1/2NL

no reads on villain, only played 14 hands with him.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($195)
UTG ($210.55)
MP ($61.30)
CO ($66.60)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($74.45)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($89.60)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $5.

Flop: ($16) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, Button calls $7.

Turn: ($30) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $8.

River: ($62) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $44.45 (All-In)</font>, Hero...

just now realized how poorly my flop/turn play was. but do you make the call??
Old 06-03-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: do you make the call?? stars 1/2NL

i would.
to call that pre-flop raise, he'd have to have something good. high pocket pair, or AK or AQs. AJs maybe. i don't think he calls with J10s

after the flop, if he has JJ, he folds to your bet, i think. He has to know you hit something on that flop, based on your pre-flop bet, and even if he hits his jack, he has to think you flopped a higher set. That leaves him with 4 outs in the deck, and he doesn't have pot odds to call that bet. He'll call that bet with any of the other possible hands, though he might raise with KK as he might have put you on QQ.

on the turn, the 10 comes down. that can't help him unless he called with the JJ or he had the AJ. when he raises, you need to push.

when he goes all-in on the river, i think its because he sensed weakness when you called the raise. of course, he could still have AJs, but you're ahead of everything else. I'd call.