Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Don\'t be shy, tell me how you really feel .......

I play at true quite a bit for the quality of the games, just wanted to add my two cents to the wish list:

1) 4 colour deck. C'mon, everyone does this.

2) as already mentioned, the all-in thing.

3) fractions.

4) hand histories need improvement.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: TRUE POKER STILL SUCKS......

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, yes, and PLEASE put a four color deck in the works. at 1200x1600 the cards can be hard to read when you are accustomed to seeing four tables of four colors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that they should have a four-color deck, and I can't even begin to imagine why they haven't already implemented this simple option, but why on earth do you have 1600 x 1200 when playing True? 1280 x 1024 should be enough to show four tables, and would make it easier to see things for you.

Maybe this is why some people have such trouble seeing who's in and not. Personally I play at True with a resolution of 1024 x 768 with a little overlap, and I think this works fine. If you want no overlap, you should have a Large monitor, and set it to 1280 x 1024.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:56 PM

Yeah, I don't have a problem telling who is in and who is out, either. Ocassionally I've not noticed that a player is still in, but that's usually as a result of me not paying attention and playing too quickly as opposed to any flaw in the software. I can see how the multitablers would have a problem, though -- those screens are awfully small once you have your resolution increased to fit them all. The most I play is 3 tables (with the "logs" not visible - which saves space), so I don't have such issues.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:22 PM

"graphics are still the best". I'm not playing poker to watch cartoons or anything, so this is the least important thing of all to me. True Poker has the #2 worst customer service after Pacific. If they didn't have the live host chat, they would be the worst. They are trash, but the players suck on there, so that's a plus. Bonuses seem to take forever to clear though, so what's the point in giving them any action.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:26 PM

The bonuses aren't very hard to clear at all. Very comparable to Paradise Poker.
They have live hosts so how can the customer service suck? The host are ALWAYS there 24/7.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:35 PM

Topics like these suck...
Old 05-03-2005, 08:08 AM

yeah - really sucks....
Old 05-03-2005, 08:40 AM

TruePoker CEO,

I haven't played on your site yet, but I probably will try it in the near future. I looked at the sample video of the graphics on your site, and I don't think I would enjoy playing that way. Yea, the 3D graphics look cool, but I think I prefer a simpler interface. Staring at so many tables for so long, I really prefer as little detail as possible. When I play on other sites, I always turn the characters off. Maybe you should have an option to play with 3D graphics or simple graphics. (if you already have this, ignore me)
Old 05-03-2005, 08:56 AM

Why not put an easily visible card marker over the characters model if they still have cards in play? Although, I guess that would ruin all the work put into making the tables as realistic as possible.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:18 AM

Well I went ahead and signed up last night and so far I'm enjoying it. My problems so far is this:

1.) 4 - color deck. It's already been said.

2.) Left clicking on a person brings up the notes for that person. This is an annoying feature when you are playing multiple tables. I was playing 2 True tables and 2 Empires last night and kept clicking back when it was my turn only to hit a person and have his notes come up. It would be better if you had to right click the person to bring up his notes. GamesGrid has this same annoying feature.

As far as the people still in the hand, I didn't have a whole lot of problems with that but I could see where making the hole cards larger at the far end of the table would help.

I do like the site though. Seems a decent amount of fish and the bonus clears at an acceptable rate.