Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2003, 03:10 PM

Default Three way finish/deal calculator

I have written a c++ calculator for finish probability and appropriate prize money share for three players assuming equal ability (it's ugly, I haven't programmed in a while). For some background, see my post TFP . For this calculator, I used the random walk model, but instead of simulation I numerically solved the large number of simultaneous equations by iteration. For total chips/blinds = 100 it was quite quick, it took a little longer to get the lookup table for 400 (the 1000 one doesn't seem to give much extra useful precision, and then the LUT is 6 Mb). Numbers are accurate to at least 4 significant figures, with the biggest differences with the infinitesimal stakes limit coming for very small stacks (less than 1/100th of the chips in play).

The code is here: ThreeWayLookup (Can this page be accessed by others?)

The executable seems to need cygwin (the windows unix environment I use), so best presumably to just get the c file and the lookup table (.txt) and compile it yourself. No guarantees of machine combatibility. BTW, all inputs should be separated by returns.

I would appreciate if someone could tell me if it works for them. Is there a way I can make a standalone executable?

Hope this is of marginal use to someone else,
Craig

PS Though it would be really nice to do this for more players, the complexity, memory required, and computational time increase exponentially, so I am currently using the Malmuth approximation for top 10 finish probabilities.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Three way finish/deal calculator

Bozeman,

I don't know anything about programming so I can't really do anything with your code, but I wanted to thank you for creating this. If someone can make it into a downloadable exe file, that would be great.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:59 PM

Default Help

Can anyone reach this page? Can anyone compile the cfile? Can anyone help me make a standalone executable?
Old 11-25-2003, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Help

I can see your files, and I built it into a standalone executable for Windows. I can mail it to you if you like.

Spike.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Help

Thanks, I would love that,
Craig