Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 07:09 PM

Default wow. I love this game!

I wasn't doing to well at the table and was about to leave when this hand hit me. WHen I bet the river I was down to my last dollar on this site.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.58 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___raises___calls

4th Street - (18.58 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (12.29 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

6th Street - (20.29 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets $6 and is all-in
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (27.29 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___folds

Total pot: 29.29 BB
Old 08-20-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: wow. I love this game!

Ni Han Sir
Old 08-20-2005, 08:33 PM

There are much quicker ways of suicide than the way you played here. consider taking up chess or better yet, roulette instead.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:39 PM

Uhm...this is high/low.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are much quicker ways of suicide than the way you played here. consider taking up chess or better yet, roulette instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually starting to like you.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hi/lo... after seat 8 folds on 5th street, our hero has a board lock for low and is on a freeroll to catch his wheel card. Even if he knew he were drawing dead for high, he should jam it as long as there is a 3rd person calling the raises.

There are also much quicker ways to learn to play these games than to waste time berating other posters. The posters here like to pride themselves (I guess "ourselves," that is) on the general civility and courtesy that accompany our discussions. It has been very nice for me that, despite some of the bad ideas I've suggested, people are always very kind about pointing out what's wrong with my reasoning. If you keep to the same standards, you can get a lot of help with your play.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is wrong with this hand?
Old 08-21-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I'm actually starting to like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is wrong with this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'm just learning Stud-8. What's wrong with this hand?
Old 08-22-2005, 02:33 AM

Nothing. The troll probably thought this was a stud-hi hand.