Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: The Truth is that God...

Craig,
Actually,it's opposite of what you said. I am sure of what I've said, and I didn't admit that I don't understand.

And about the mind-brain thing. The brain and alot of the physical phenomena that spring from the brain is empirical evidence. Some of the things the brain does we haven't figured out yet, but it's still all physical.

The point of contention,I guess, is that I know that we're just a big ball of chemical reactions, and you think that there's more to it than that. I know I'm putting words into your mouth, but that's waht it comes down to,I think.
Shooby.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Craig,
Actually,it's opposite of what you said. I am sure of what I've said, and I didn't admit that I don't understand.

And about the mind-brain thing. The brain and alot of the physical phenomena that spring from the brain is empirical evidence. Some of the things the brain does we haven't figured out yet, but it's still all physical.

The point of contention,I guess, is that I know that we're just a big ball of chemical reactions, and you think that there's more to it than that. I know I'm putting words into your mouth, but that's waht it comes down to,I think.
Shooby.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what I think. So, yes, you are putting words in my mouth. My whole point was that not everything can be explained empirically. Which is what your first post in this thread seemed to be trying to say (that it could be).
Old 08-30-2005, 08:54 AM

"A perfect example of close-mindedness."

DS-
"Would you say the same thing if he was talking about astrology, rushes, or Santa Claus?"

Yes, I would. Reason being that he has made up his mind without objectively evaluating the evidence for any of those.

(Obviously, one would come to a quicker decision about the existence of the last three than Christianity, but you get the idea.)
Old 08-30-2005, 10:05 AM

I didn't read your post but I assume from the title that the rest of the sentence is "is he who loves us dearly."

Thanks for that affirming message of goodwill and fellow-feeling. I can sleep like a innocent child tonight, wrapped in the warm woolen blanket of my self-satisfaction!

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]