Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2004, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Official Main Event Thread- WSOP!

Can anyone explain to me why Moneymaker called an all-in bet with A high? Was he that short-stacked? And while you are at it, also explain why he thought it was a good idea to stay up drinking til 6am the night before the main event. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2004, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Killer laydown by Farha

If he thinks the guy is on overcards, he really should raise the turn. Why give him infinite odds to draw to his 6 outer?
Old 08-18-2004, 12:33 AM

It looked like he was hung over and sweating out all the beer from the night before and just wanted to get the hell out of there.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was it me or was the play, as a whole, very painful to watch? Negreanu also seemed to be dominated in atleast 80% of the hands he played that they showed.

[/ QUOTE ]

negreanu was at least nice, he acted like it was no big deal every time he got crushed.

very classy, IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. My opinion of him has changed drastically. At first I thought he was annoying and borderline-homo. Now, I think hes actually funny and a class guy.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Killer laydown by Farha

[ QUOTE ]
I was lucky enough to start at this table. Farha was PISSED after that guy caught the 8. He started bitching at him about betting trash hands.

Then he told him his tell, how he knew he had nothing till the river (somemthing about how his hands shook when he bet, confused me bcz I associated shaking hands with the nuts).

Pretty entertaining to see the aftermath in person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was Farha clearly pissed? They showed him talking about his tell and he didn't really seem all that pissed.

Also.....anyone think that if you put someone on a bluff but you don't have a great hand yourself that you have to raise? I think Farha should've raised on the turn. He had to know that his 6s were vulnerable even against a bluffing hand.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone explain to me why Moneymaker called an all-in bet with A high? Was he that short-stacked? And while you are at it, also explain why he thought it was a good idea to stay up drinking til 6am the night before the main event. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also interested in this. A lot of awkward play from what we've seen so far.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At first I thought he was annoying and borderline-homo. Now, I think hes actually funny and a class guy and borderline-homo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

agreed. My opinion of him has changed drastically. At first I thought he was annoying and borderline-homo. Now, I think hes actually funny and a class guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa whoa, he is still borderline homo, lets get that... err .... straight.

not that there is anything wrong with that.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:56 AM

The play wasn't very good and it was a bit scattered with all the tables etc...
all i remember is the nuts...clony-think thats her name- looked good
Old 08-18-2004, 02:12 AM

i dont understand why they showed so many hands of a person who just learned the game 4 days ago with so many great players in that tourney...

also why are they showing the guy who came in last place in 2003?!?! do they really think we want to know how every person that wants to waste 10k does?? it doesnt make sense to me so many great players in that field and they waste a half an hour on those two

at least the main event was much better than the other all in final tables, but still could have been a lot better.