Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2004, 10:40 AM

Default Re: 50K a year according to SSH? How About 20K a year?

I firmly believe you can pull down 50K a year by multitabling 4-6 games at 3/6. But, I'm too friggin old and my eyesite is too poor to stare at 6 reduced tables on my screen. Besides, I don't WANT to put in the amount of time played needed to make 50K. I don't have that kind of time or endurance. What if my goal is to just make 20-24K playing? How many tables should I expect to have to play? 1/2 the amount?
Old 08-14-2004, 09:33 PM

I saw 19-inch monitors on sale for 89 bucks in an add yesterday.

You don't have to stare at tiny images if you don't want to. Spread three, four, six, or eight tables over two or three monitors or more monitors, using more than one computer if you have to or want to.

By the way, using four-color decks like they have as an option on Party Poker helps a lot visually. Makes it much easier to not overlook flushes or flush possibilities. Also, you can mess with the colors of the card backs. I find the light blue stands out very well against the Party table colors. Helps to be sure you catch every player who is still in the hand.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:09 PM

Default Re: 50K a year according to SSH?

Why do you endorse playing multiple tables of low limit online poker as opposed to moving up and beating the mid limits and making real money?
Old 08-15-2004, 05:43 AM

Not sure he endorses it so much as points out the possibility.

I can come up with one reason that I think is an excellent one for many people, though. You need a very small bankroll to multi-table low limit poker to an extent that can bring in what lots of people would consider good money, or at least worth their time. To play higher limits, you need a much bigger bankroll even if you play just one table.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:23 PM

Right. When I first started playing, I couldn't afford to blow a lot of money trying to learn at high limits. So I put in $300, and played .50/1. After about a month I was able to start moving up, playing first two then three tables, and cashing out some. I keep taking stabs at higher limits, building at lower limits, and playing higher still at B+Ms. So 8 months after playing my first hand of hold 'em, I'm at 5/10 online and 10/20 B+M, and I may try the 20/40 next time if I have a good first day. So I don't think multi-tabling has hurt my progress at all.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you endorse playing multiple tables of low limit online poker as opposed to moving up and beating the mid limits and making real money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Variance and bankroll requirements come to mind, particularly if you're withdrawing money frequently for living expenses.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:40 PM

There is a video card, I believe it's called the Parahelia by Matrox. It (at least the higher models) supports THREE monitors. I think it would be great for poker, but otherwise it isn't so great for gaming at the price.