Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Time to fold a set?

[ QUOTE ]
Hero had the option to put in another nice sized raise here, but chose to call the 2.95 I think it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he didn't. The raise wasnt a full amount so no one had the option to raise. On a related point, SB bet into the pot and got raised, then button went all in, does the SB have the option to reraise after the button goes all in?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero had the option to put in another nice sized raise here, but chose to call the 2.95 I think it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he didn't. The raise wasnt a full amount so no one had the option to raise. On a related point, SB bet into the pot and got raised, then button went all in, does the SB have the option to reraise after the button goes all in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, since the player in the middle made a full raise, SB still has the option to raise again.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:36 AM

This makes it more likely he has the str8, i dunno, that bet is SOOOOOO huge. Id have to have a read to play this hand. Im guessing he DIDNT have the str8 though. He was trying to push you out of the hand IMO, and I dont see the nuts betting like that. 88 more likely. There are also many hands you beat. I guess Im calling and hating it.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Be careful giving too much credit to PFA numbers without a big sample size. Also, with very loose players, a lower aggro number doesn't narrow his holdings when he bets pre-flop as much as it would for a tighter player. (he's playing 55% of hands, with 0.5 aggression even just on the flop that would mean he is betting/raising the flop twice per orbit)

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a very interesting point. Thanks, I'll remember that.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at it this way. 88 is just as likely as 33, because he's going to play both like the nuts. On top of that, he might just have some wierd two pair (86), a power draw, a bluff, or whatever. On top of *that*, there's dead money in the pot, so assuming it's 50/50 ahead or behind, you still have to call.

I'm assuming you called and he showed you 88, but you have to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

More likely its 45
Old 08-26-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he means why did hero only call the SBs all-in, after villian calls. Hero had the option to put in another nice sized raise here, but chose to call the 2.95 I think it was. Does anyone disagree with a push here, or a big overbet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Buttons all-in does not reopen the betting for hero. Hero cannot make another raise here.

However - villain decided to just call, rather than get more in on the flop, so its very likely that villain has a draw.

I try not to call these pushes too often, because Im usually beat.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This makes it more likely he has the str8, i dunno, that bet is SOOOOOO huge. Id have to have a read to play this hand. Im guessing he DIDNT have the str8 though. He was trying to push you out of the hand IMO, and I dont see the nuts betting like that. 88 more likely. There are also many hands you beat. I guess Im calling and hating it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its more likely that he would try to push you out when a flush card hits, rather than an innocuous straight card hits. Who believes anybody is drawing to a straight ?
But everybody knows that anybody who calls on the flop has a flush draw.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, since the player in the middle made a full raise, SB still has the option to raise again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, he did have the option to reraise, and I would say that he probably should. On the point of the underraise rule, there is one online room which I regularly play in who's software has completely misprogrammed this rule.

The software is Victor Chandler or VC Poker, and on their software the SB would not have been able to put in another raise, this is extremely annoying when you find yourself in SBs position. I have tried painstakingly to explain where there error is and although the support team agree with me on the rules, the software development team refuse to admit a problem. I wondered if anyone else has had this problem especially on other members of the Apex network.

I would be scared to call but almost always will.