Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Course of Action: Starting Internet poker. Questions..(Long)

Hi, first time poster in this forum. Skip this section if you want, I am basically just describing my background. There are a few essential parts later on however. I am a SSNL holdem player, and have a quirky situation at hand. For the majority of my playing/posting, I was a homegame player, and all experience/whatever came from playing with friends.

I've always wanted to play online, but due to the lack of support from my parents, I could not set it up. I succumbed to the fate of homegames.

Recently, my friend (who played party poker a while back and lost it all) found $20 that party put back into his account. He let me play on it, and in three days, we ran up the roll to a good amount. We kept track of how much we each lost/won, and divided the roll up, essentially sharing accounts.

He lost his share a week later, tilting his last $50 on blackjack. I was left with the account and $280 in it. I have been playing on it for the last month or so.

My initial plan was to talk to my parents over winter break and hopefully gain their approval/etc when setting up an account. I talked to them, and although they did not approve, they realized they could not stop me if I wanted to, and I openly told them I would still probobly play on either my friend's account or my own.

Which brings me to now. I set up a netteller account and put $200 into it. What is the best way to execute this plan? I have the $200 in my netteller and am currently awaiting my money in my friend's account. I want to make the most of a bonus from party, so any advice would be appreciated. Can I transfer the entire thing? A friend said that I could only transfer 1/2 of my netteller account. Also, when should rakeback/pokertracker/all that good stuff be enacted?

Thanks for the replies/comments/etc guys. I'll check back to see if anyone responded [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]