Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2003, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Danger Signs

I like the 4 hr session. Thats a good time to take a break. And I mean a break about 2 hours r so. Go eat a dinner, see a movie or just take a nap. Then deside if yuo are ready for more. But thats conditional on me not being on a winning streak, Id keep playing till that seems to slow down. Then stop. But Id never stop after I just hit XX number of bets. Playing multiple short sessions a day with breaks in between will keep yuo mentally fresh.
Also if yuo find yuorself sitting there bored. Get up and leave the table. Yuor minds not into the game so why sit there and be miserable ,plus loose yuor money.
And last make sure yuo get a good nite/day sleep. Get some food and light exercise. Yuo will be alot more mentally alert afterwards. You will find that yuor stamina level is much higher too. Just incase yuo run into that great live game that lasts about 12hrs.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Danger Signs

Yep, that's how I see it. Those days when everything goes really good, and I am up say 20,25 or more BB, the game is no longer good - I have killed it. There is nothing to hang around any longer for except to bleed back chips.

If I play about four hours and I am either flat or losing, the game also is not very good. Time to leave.

Some days after only three rounds I am gone because the game is not very good for me at that time.

The game goes just about any time I feel like playing. I don't need to glue myself into a poker chair like it's the last game on earth.