Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2004, 12:47 AM

Default Milwaukee 30/60 hand

Thought I'd throw this one up for debate. Very loose very passive game. UTG limps UTG+2 limps, CO and Button both call, SB completes and I check in the big blind with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and to my utter shock we check it around. The turn come 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and not wanting to call with my nut str8 draw I bet instead [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Folded to the cut off who raises. Great, out of position with a draw being forced to call the raise. River is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I check raise the cut off. Mind you, he is not what I call a player, usually good values, stays in line. Comments?

FJM
Old 12-18-2004, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Milwaukee 30/60 hand

straightforward.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:19 AM

I think you were lucky to get the c/r in on the river. A lot of times that will be a free card raise by the cutoff on the turn. And because it's often a free card raise, there might be merit in 3-betting the turn. Of course, not if he's too weak to fold.

Btw- Since when are they getting a 30 game off in Milwaukee. I heard the 20-40 died some time ago. Is it worth the trip up there from Chicago these days?
Old 12-18-2004, 01:56 PM

I should have been clearer in my post and chose to write it up as straight 30/60. It was actually a 20/40 game kille to 30/60.

The 20/40 gets off at least one table a day and on the weekends there is a feeder.

Is it worth coming up. Well, if you like butting heads with Mo and Ali and Mike G and gene in the 20/40 and the hose game at Harrahs stay put. Please, stay put. LOL

FJM
Old 12-21-2004, 01:57 AM

I get no mention in the "butting heads " category [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2004, 08:00 AM

from your party name Iknow exactly who you are, and yes it was a gross omission. In fact, your a lot more dangerous as a chip inhaler than any of those guys I mentioned.

I was trying to banish your bottom pair, picked up flush draw, gutterball three bet on the turn from my memory. Too many nightmares [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]