Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 12:56 AM

Default Mechanical mistake

The mechanics of NL are a lot different than the limit I've been playing since they developed the telephone. I think I need to be more mindful.

5-10 NL. A few hands ago the live-guy doubled up his $700 with a rediculous draw out of Mother Theresa. I've got about $2000. On to this hand: 5 people call and I check Q6s in the BB. Flop is Q63, whahoo. I check. MP bets a paltry 40 meaning he doesn't like his kicker. Live guy calls. Loose local calls. Tight player calls. I make it $200 which while not quite a pot bet is still a "big" bet for this game, and it will get respected. Except of course by the live guy who, of course, calls. The loose local now goes all in for an additional $170. This doesn't mean anything other than he didn't want to fold. Tight folds....

I look over at the live guy and see about $200 in chips and decide to raise him out by tossing in all my C-notes. He picks up his cards and his arms and I now see the wad of C-notes that was accidentally hidden, and remember the hand a few minutes ago. He wants to call but finally doesn't. The local proceeds to back-door a flush to his KQ but that doesn't matter. Nobody sees my hand.

The live guy says he tossed trip 3s. This is REAL hard to believe considering all the OTHER terrible calls he made (and continues to make), but my friend who saw the hand confirms with a nod to me. Gulp.

I think I need to pay better attention to how much money everyone has. Lets say whenever I'm UTG that's what I'll do.

- Louie