Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Re: How I would have played Philips A,Q.

Gus made the bigger mistake, if you can call Paul's all in a mistake at all. Seriously, I'm not going broke with tens in this spot ever, especially calling it all off.

I love Paul's idea that Gus could have limp reraised from the button. Much stronger way to play the hand and also less risky. I think Gus just figured that he was going to raise and hopefully Phil would muck and give him a chance for dewey to go all in with a smaller pair or a hand like Paul's.

I also don't mind a call here from Paul in an attempt to lure an all in from Dewey that he could respond to in turn.

But then again I'm broke and gus and Paul are millionaires. I would have just called with Paul's hand and mucked Gus's hand in a 200$ S&G on Party, let alone a WPT event. The difference between 2nd and 3rd would be enough to shoot craps for at least a couple of days before dipping into the white meat.

Summary: Paul's play, shocking, non standard, but not a huge mistake.

Gus's Play: Pure Gambling, not one a lot of tournament players would make, but then again, there's nothing wrong with gambling as a slight fav. if you don't care about second.

FJM
Old 11-05-2004, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Bigger Mistake: Phillips or Hansen?

Yes i do. So would you say Gus would have a dilema caling with 1010's if there were only 2 players left. Realize its GUS HANSEN and if he threw it away he would be lowered to 2 million puting PP to 3.1 million. If you think gus wouldn't call and wuld of had as tough a decision your either lying or lost. If you agree with me here then the fact that theother 300k is still on the line looms as a factor.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:43 AM

At least you admitted you said the fisrt statement and agreed i was right about alot of things that is enough for me. I don't want to argue anymore. And in the long run you won't be that off playing it the way pp did. Just not the best way imo. Good debate although it degennerated abit and took up a little too much of my time. Lets move on and and discuss new threads without hopefully get into a fight. Truce. That goes for the other guys too although they may all be same person. Except Husker i'd like to make a little money and make him look like the fool that he is cause he called me an idiot so i have no mercy for the weak in his situation.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes i do. So would you say Gus would have a dilema caling with 1010's if there were only 2 players left. Realize its GUS HANSEN and if he threw it away he would be lowered to 2 million puting PP to 3.1 million. If you think gus wouldn't call and wuld of had as tough a decision your either lying or lost. If you agree with me here then the fact that theother 300k is still on the line looms as a factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, let's just assume that the 300K is still a factor. Then this makes Paul's push even more correct if he knows Gus will be folding some better hands that he won't like to see. If we go with your conclusion that the 300K means more to them than winning, then Paul is VERY correct to push and not fold here, so that he can put Gus to a decision.

There. Even IF you're right, you're wrong.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:02 AM

I'm gonna agree that makes pp play a little better because of that(good point) but not enough to make the play right imo. Maybe if your pp who money isn't an issue its ok. but for people that play to make the most they can i still like not moving in.
And thanks for finally admitting i'm right about something only took a million replies. Truce.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:09 AM

Default Re: How I would have played Philips A,Q.

Excellent points. best reply i've heard to this thread in lonng time. A this person isn't me or Vinnce lol. The guy makes very good sense.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That goes for the other guys too although they may all be same person.

[/ QUOTE ]

that has got to be the funniest thing i have ever read in my life coming from you vince.
talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:59 AM

you keep saying that but don't have the guts to back it up and bet. so close it unless you have the guts to back it up.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna agree that makes pp play a little better because of that(good point) but not enough to make the play right imo. Maybe if your pp who money isn't an issue its ok. but for people that play to make the most they can i still like not moving in.
And thanks for finally admitting i'm right about something only took a million replies. Truce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well first of all, you're still not right.

Second of all, IF the money does matter (like it would for ME) I'm pushing in. Does 300K mean a lot to me? Hell yes. But pushing in is clearly the right move here.

Sorry Vince. If you're not going to listen to me, at least listen to everyone else here.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:58 PM

well making this statement proves your wrong. Sklansky says if you don't have alot of money and or 300k is life changing to you, you should not move in. will you now admit i'm right.

You just couldn't let this go i tried to be the bigger man but your just a bratty child and keep the argument going. don't worry about this discussion cause you will never be 3 handed in a multi tournament judging by your little knowledge of poker. I was even trying to be nice when i said you made some good points cause in reality your clueless.

And stop callinng me Vince, Paul's sock puppet. If you had any kind of intelligence at all you would be able to tell i'm not him. You never answered me before are these other guys that have kept this thread going you too. Cause you all comprehend the same.