Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Bunkfest 2005: \"Summer in the City\"

Okay gang, here's the way this is gonna shake down.

The event: Bunkfest 2005
The Date: Saturday July 23rd
The Time: 7:30 PM

Im leaving most of the details for setting up the event to my right hand man TT, but here's the way we figured it would work out and these are the preliminary plans. Any major changes will be notified in this thread.

Dinner will be at 7:30. TT seems to think the "Shake Shack" (He knows the exact name) in Union Square (somewhere in Madison Square Park I believe) Will be a great idea for some great burgers and plenty of room to relax, chit chat and get together. Everyone is welcome, and the more the merrier. Bunkette will be coming so if you guys want to bring your significant others (if you have them) its all good.

After eaing and the preliminary chit chat, I believe TT is setting up depending on how many people will be in attendence (which we are expecting quite a few, hopefully more than the large turnout in January) The games will be played at the Satellite Club. We havent discussed this in detail, but there will most certainly be a magoo rotation game probably at a 2-4 limit. Probably one table of No limit Holdem, and 1 table of limit holdem. (Limits for said games will be decided upon at the time of play). We can also set up a triple draw table, or if that wont fly it will certainly be incorporated in the rotation game.

Im thinking of some format as well in a STT format rotation format, but in teams. One person plays one orbit, then on dealer change, the game changes and the teammates switch. This will occur until the winner is decleared, but we'll work out the details.

Bunkette will be at dinner with us and then will be going to a club. Wifes/GF can go to dinner with us and then go with her if they so desire.

Thankfully I wont be staying at a flea bag hotel that makes the YMCA look like the Bellagio this time. I can thank my good friend for the accomodations.

Please give us a roll call in this thread and updates will be posted here. Thanks to all who attended last time, and thanks in advance to all who will attend this time. Come one, come all, you will most certainly have a great time.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Bunkfest 2005: \"Summer in the City\"

should we PM you if interested?
Old 06-25-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im thinking of some format as well in a STT format rotation format, but in teams. One person plays one orbit, then on dealer change, the game changes and the teammates switch. This will occur until the winner is decleared, but we'll work out the details.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this. I'm in.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
should we PM you if interested?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can if you like, but responding here is just fine. Hope to see you there.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this. I'm in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I thought it was a good idea. We'll work out the details on this later, but I'm working out the best format now.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:51 PM

Interesting format Bunky, looking forward to it.

The Shake Shack is Danny Meyer's famous burger joint in the middle of Madison Square Park. Since its outdoor seating we don't have to worry about the size of our group at all, its just pull up a chair and chow down on some of the best fast food you have ever had in your life. See the numerous threads in OOT discussing this place... and YES, alcohol in the form of beer and wine is available. Take the N/R/W line to 23rd street, then walk into the park - you can't miss it.

As for location, that will be disclosed the day of the event for security reasons. It hasn't been determined where it will be yet, but now worries dealers tables & chips will be in abundance. The location Bunky mentioned in the OP is under consideration if its possible, its unknown if they will be open.

Its going to be a good one.... lets keep this thread on the front page as long as possible to generate interest. I'm hoping a bunch of out of towners will show up this time around, Joe Tall are you down for a road trip?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2005, 07:25 PM

seeing as my birthday is the 24th, i'll definitely be down.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:36 PM

Hmm...
Bunkfest: 7/23
NYS Bar: That week.

I'm out.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:09 AM

I am hoping to move into nyc soon so I would definetly be interested in meeting up for some city poker.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am hoping to move into nyc soon so I would definetly be interested in meeting up for some city poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not city poker... this is BUNKFEST! Atone for your sins [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]