Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Pete \"The Beat\" comes over the top of me..now what?

Stars $150. Blinds 25/50, I'm in the BB with 1800 chips, Pete has just over 3K. EP limp, The beat completes and I get a free play with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The Beat bets the pot (150) and I raise it to 450. EP folds and now he pushes.

I hate when free plays cost me money. I haven't played with him very often, but I have been at a table with him 3 or 4 times in the last month. I have no clue if he's even noticed how i play though but I'll assume he has a good read on me...ie I'm pretty tight, and I do lay down a lot of hands.

Still I can't believe he thinks I'd lay down anything but a bluff here, which makes me think even more that he's real strong.

I used up most of my time bank trying to work this out, and I decided that he more likely had an overpair or a real good 9 than a better hand and I called. Am I overthinking this?