Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: My name is PokerBob and I am not a man

[ QUOTE ]
i dont mind a check here at all. vehn isnt an idiot. you're only getting money from AQ here and hes checkraising you with everything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious. Do people on this forum always assume that your opponents can see your cards?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont mind a check here at all. vehn isnt an idiot. you're only getting money from AQ here and hes checkraising you with everything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious. Do people on this forum always assume that your opponents can see your cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

meh
Old 10-16-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how many hands does pokerbob 4bet preflop with and call a c/r on the flop??????? a few. AA, JJ, AK, possibly AQs. How many hands does Vehn 3bet preflop, call a 4bet, and c/r the flop? A lot, but in that range is included AK, AQ, AA-99, He doesn't even c/r the flop with most of these.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:36 AM

Default results

[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury 30/60 9 handed
SB here is Vehn. I have never played with him before, but apparently he is the gretatest limit hold'em player on earth. I open with AKo in the CO. button fold. Vehn 3-bets, BB folds, I make it 4, Vehn calls.

Flop: AJ2r

Vehn checks, I bet, he raises, I call.

Turn: 5 rainbow complete

Vehn checks, I check.

River: 4

Vehn bets, I think for an instant about raising, but then relaize I am not disciplined enough to fold to a 3-bet and call. meh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Vehn knows who i am or anything about my play, but i hadn't shown down any garbage vs. him (I did play a 99 hand from the BB vs. him kinda weakly, but other than that no altercations). If I bet this turn and get c/r'ed, i am likely toasted but unable to fold. I dunno. I play bad. He shows A7s and MHIG.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how many hands does pokerbob 4bet preflop with and call a c/r on the flop??????? a few. AA, JJ, AK, possibly AQs. How many hands does Vehn 3bet preflop, call a 4bet, and c/r the flop? A lot, but in that range is included AK, AQ, AA-99, He doesn't even c/r the flop with most of these.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess. I tend to bet top pair top kicker until someone tells me it is no good. At that point I call down.

I don't know if this is a good or bad way to play, but it seems reasonable to me.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to bet top pair top kicker until someone tells me it is no good. At that point I call down.

I don't know if this is a good or bad way to play, but it seems reasonable to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing TPTK strongly until someone gives you reason to pause is generally a good play at a small stakes game.

But this isn't quite a small stakes game.

And it's not a general hand. It's very specifically against Vehn.

Your default play is certainly reasonable. Your question, "Do people on this forum always assume that your opponents can see your cards?" is not reasonable if you actually thought we make this assumption. If you're just being snarky, that's fine: it just gives me another opportunity to use the word "snarky."
Old 10-16-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: results

I think you're being a little too hard on yourself. Checking isn't terrible, especially against a good player who's likely to either raise you with a better hand or fold hands with few outs. Since your top pair can't easily be counterfeited, I think checking is Ok.

In the meantime, I can't figure out who any of you guys are. I think I know who worm is, but (luckily) haven't seen him in the games since I got here. One thing's for sure, Canterbury is one of the best run card rooms I've ever played at!
Old 10-16-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: results

since I got here

so, you like moved TO the midwest? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 02:54 PM

Can anyone tell me who Vehn is? If he is a member of the "crew" it can't be Brett Jungblutt. I played with him and he seemed pretty bad.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone tell me who Vehn is? If he is a member of the "crew" it can't be Brett Jungblutt. I played with him and he seemed pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do not beleive Vehn is a member of any crew. he strikes me as a lone wolf kind of guy.