Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Hand from ept 380$ qualifier to copenhagen

Tried to play to my image, havent played a hand for ages, and only shown down premium hands, feel the table respects me. So far my reads have been spot on.
Read on opponent, have played him in rebuys-was a maniac then. Came to table with 5K stack 10 min in. But has not been out of line since. Has folded to my every steal, is seated to my immidate left.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter

BB (t4555)
UTG (t1914)
Hero (t4025)
MP1 (t5626)
MP2 (t1875)
CO (t2005)
Button (t3135)
SB (t2655)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
fold[/i]</font>, Hero raises to t90, MP1 calls t90, [i]5 folds.

Flop: (t225) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets t120</font>, MP1 raises to t360, Hero raises to t600</font>, MP1 calls t240.I expected a push here if he had a made set. I thought my bet is really representing an overpair to the flopp?

Turn: (t1425) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Hero?
Old 12-03-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Hand from ept 380$ qualifier to copenhagen

I put him on Ax spades, i think he was just betting his draw to the nut flush.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:01 PM

On the turn I'm probably checking to see what he does.. hard to play that turn card out of position.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:08 PM

What do you feel a check is signaling, and if he bets what is your response? say to 1/3 ish bet, 1/2 pot 3/4-2/3 pot, or over bet? And if he checks behind?
Old 12-03-2005, 04:16 PM

Right now I'm content with not losing anymore money on the hand, unless he's afraid of the flush too any bet will probably take the hand away from us, plus he already represented strength on the flop. My 10's aren't looking as strong right now, I think I might just let this one go.

If he was drawing to something he's probably already made it, and if we bet it doesn't look like he's going away, so I don't see a bet accomplishing anything on the turn.. and if we do bet and he calls, we're probably done by the river so I save a bet here and see if I can check it down.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:18 PM

I answered to a different post on this one a few minutes back. You think he is on a spade draw, why raise it when I have shown strenght pf?That is just begging for a reraise which I did, would you not think a push would come to the reraise if drawing here
Old 12-04-2005, 06:55 PM

You have a point: if he's got nut spades he played it kind of weirdly, but I still wouldn't rule that out. Some players just aren't going to push there with a nut flush draw, especially after your reraise was so small; they'll just call and peel.

So I think it's possible he has spades, but more likely he's got AT. Based on that, you need to make a bet on the turn (maybe 600) and fold to any raise.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:31 PM

By the way, I'm thinking of trying to qualify for this tourney on Stars but am concerned it will be freezing cold in Copenhagen in January.

Also I wish Stars would run some doubleshootouts for EPT events; I like that format better than the supersatellites.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:30 PM

BC native worried about the cold, you'll be fine [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 08:37 PM

Not sure what you mean.