Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Question about an overpair/overcards on a low flop

I'm wondering how you would play the following situations, and any help could be appreciated, as they come up quite often for me.

1) UTG, you are dealt 99. You make it two bets to go and are called by the CO, the button, the SB, and the BB. The flop comes down 2-5-7 rainbow and SB and BB check to you. What do you do if it is: a) checked to you? b) there is a bet and call? c) there is a bet and raise?

2) Now, what if you have 99 on the button and the flop comes down 2-5-7 rainbow. How are the same situations played?

3) Now, you are holding AK in MP and there are 3 other callers (SB, BB, CO). The flop is 2-5-7. If it is checked to you, do you think it's alright go ahead and 2-bet it? If there is a bet and fold(s), is it alright to call, can I justify raising there (especially if I'm suited and one of my suits has hit the flop), or is a fold in order?

Thanks in advance.

The_Missile
Old 07-22-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Question about an overpair/overcards on a low flop

1. a)bet b)raise c)3bet

2. I wouldn't have coldcalled preflop, unless the blinds were very loose/passive.

3. I'm bet/raising the flop unless it's 2 bets to me, then I fold. This is also player dependent, if a bet comes from one of the blinds and I know he never bets draws, then I can fold.