Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: When should lying be tolerated by the government?

[ QUOTE ]
Bush didn't lie, he might have been overeager with the intelligence community that has been wasting way since the early 90s.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I wasn't even thinking of this issue when I posted, I was thinking of certain perjury charges.

I don't post much about the administration's selling of the war. Suffice it to say that it is abundantly clear that the administration misled the nation. Arguing about whether there was any "lie" or not is silly, IMO. Whether or not there were lies, the administration misled us.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with what I think is your intent: "Depends on who's ox is getting gored."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yes, but that wouldn't have been as much fun to post.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not so sure about the "vast majority" part. If GWB is knowingly lying about Iraq he deserves a nut-kicking. I know a lot of his supporters agree. If he's just been mis-led and he's covering that up, it's nut-kicking time and I'm not alone there, either. (Iraq is just one example) The firing squad part might be just a tad extreme.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken, although I think a more apt analogy is to compare what the same folks have said about Clinton's lies about his affair with Lewinski and Libby's lies about his involvement in blowing Valerie Plame's cover.

[ QUOTE ]
I wish your "list of 3" had included the Democrat sycophants running around this forum. Come on, Elliot, fair is fair. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. C'mon. I have my own reputation as a sycophant to uphold. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In an open democracy lying should never be allowed. The government is supposed to be run by the people, but if the people...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but there isn't much we can do if "the people" vote for someone and don't mind being lied to.