Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 07:54 PM

Default cold-calling challenge

SSHE says that you should find yourself cold-calling pf about once an hour in a live game. That means that there should be at least one instance per session where you correctly made a cold-call.

Help me find these spots by posting a recent hand where you cold-called and felt good about it.

Thx!
Old 08-30-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: cold-calling challenge

Only time I cold call and feel good about it is if I'm calling with a hand like j10s or small PP after 4 other cold callers. I found myself cold calling a single preflop raiser with AQ or AQs a couple of times during my last session and did not feel good about either of them. The AQs hand I was hoping for cold callers behind me but noone obliged.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:58 PM

Small/medium pocket pairs after a raiser and several cold callers, or several limpers and a raiser, where you figure all the limpers will call one more.

Possibly large suited connectors in the same scenario.

Edit: damn tehox you beat me to it!
Old 08-30-2005, 08:06 PM

MP2 and SB are pretty laggy. Didn't want to give MP2 a chance to make it capped, and a 3-bet pf wouldn't guarantee the blinds dropping. So I cc'ed instead.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:10 PM

SSHE says that you might find yourself cold-calling once every 15 hours or so if you were playing live. That assumed that you were only cold-calling with AQs,AJs or KQs.

If you added small pocket pairs, suited connectors and hands like Axs when the game is very loose, SSHE said you should probably still not cold-call a raise preflop more than once every 3 hours.

I am sorry that I dont have a recent cold-calling hand to post. It happens so seldom.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SSHE says that you should find yourself cold-calling pf about once an hour in a live game. That means that there should be at least one instance per session where you correctly made a cold-call.

Help me find these spots by posting a recent hand where you cold-called and felt good about it.

Thx!

[/ QUOTE ]
im sure it says once every 500 hands? and then says once every 15 hrs?

Think you've mis read, or i have. The former i think.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:14 PM

Man, I'd never looked at my cold call statistics, but this is frightening.

In my new PT DB, I have cold called 22 times. Out of those 22 times, I have won exactly 3 times (KJs, 77, and AQo), the other 19 times I lost. Ack, that's really bad.

And to clear something up, if there are limpers in the pot, you are NOT cold calling. Cold calling is if it's folded to UTG+1 who raises, folded to you in MP3 and you call. If MP1 calls you are no longer cold calling and it's correct to play a much wider range than the 3 hands listed in SSHE.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:15 PM

Seldom? Once every 3 hours in live play is about once every 90 hands. I play about 500-1000 hands a day 4-tabling, so it comes up many times a day. Not seldom at all.

Even if you are a 1-tabler, you'll probably see it about once every hour and a half.

-- Kevin
Old 08-30-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thx!

[/ QUOTE ]

no way you should be cold calling that much.
30 hands per hour live.????

heres one
Old 08-30-2005, 08:19 PM

in late pos after a raiser and a few cold callers i'll cold call with pp's, mid-high suited connectors, and hands like KJs. with the other cold callers there i dont think its ever a mistake.