Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Pocket 8 to Full House

This was my fourth rotation at the table, but there was some turnover so I had few reads on the new folks. The other players in the hand were betting aggressively. I don't like how I played the flop. I think I should have bet out or reraised.

Should I have checked on the turn and then raised or check-called? I guess this question is a "how do I play my hand once it becomes a monster hand" type question.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Edited: River changed to flop
Old 08-12-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Pocket 8 to Full House

I'm not overly enthusiastic about the preflop cool call (I guess you were the SB, so it's not too bad), and then you have to fold the flop. Since you made it that far, the turn is a solid check/raise to trap. You have perfect position.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:39 AM

Fold the flop
Why not 3-bet or cap the turn?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:41 AM

easy turn check raise, you missed a few bets there.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:43 AM

I really think I overplayed this hand, until the turn.

I didn't like cold-calling, even if it was only 1.5 bets. I really didn't like calling the reraise, but at that point the pot was big.

I don't like how I played the flop and I think I wanted to let it go, but couldn't. I got really lucky on the turn and a split second after betting realized I probably should have checked there.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:10 PM

Take a good long look at BB's play. I suspect he's an aggressive 'hand-reading' type who likes to make laydowns.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:39 PM

calling two on the flop is really bad. after you hit your fh, betting out or going for a c/r is probably close. pick one.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:48 PM

Preflop, I think it is OK. You have a pair in the SB, calling the first raise is fine and you were completing on calling the second raise, no fear of a cap.

Flop, I fold. MP1 and BB showed too much aggression PF and on the flop for me to call here.

Turn, check/raise. They've been doing all the betting so this would seem to be a good opportunity to do so.