Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 11:52 AM

Default need a ruling

ok,loose 1-2 no limit at harrahs. The 7-seat is loose aggressive and the 3-seat is tight as a tick. flop hits

A K 8. 25 dollar bet by the 7 heads up with the 3. Quick call. Blank, Blank

River,7 tosses a 40 dollar bet in and the 3 the says I think you have me beat but I call. 7 flips over a bad king and the 3 says Aces but when he throws his cards up, the ace hits a corner and flips down. Dealer wasnt paying attention and thought it was mucked, starts to pull the cards in when the 3 says stop and calls the floor over. Here is the funny part....Floor says what were your cards to the 3-seat and he says a/5, the floor then asks the dealer to flip his cards over and there was the a/5. Then the floor awards the pot to the 7-seat even after seeing the a/5. what do you think
Old 06-09-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: need a ruling

If the players at the table can verify, and he successfully called the hand that accidentally flipped. Its his pot.
The 7 seat is also a scumbag for taking a pot on a accident. If the 3 was a tool and mucked prior then theres no question.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:05 PM

Again another pet peeve of mine: when someone tries to take a pot when it clearly isn't theirs... If other players saw the ace, which was clearly good, then give him the damn pot already...if I lost the hand and knew it, I wouldn't want the pot if the other player had their card accidently flipped over...
Old 06-09-2005, 12:07 PM

the kicker was that before the ruling the 3 offered to chop but the 7 refused, total scumbag