Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Willing to go broke?

Why?
Old 03-01-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was beat.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:57 PM

I absolutely think its true. You're not always going to be right, but you should be trying to figure out how people think way before the cards are dealt.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:03 PM

lol. No [censored]. I'm curious about the action leading up to your decision to lay it down.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol. No [censored]. I'm curious about the action leading up to your decision to lay it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted the hand and there was a thread about it right after the WSOP, but I can't find it now when I search. If anyone can find it that would be great.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:06 PM

i agree with ZJ. when i sit down in a tournament i usually look over the players at the table and judge who is intelligent, who is tight passive, who is loose aggressive etc. i am usually pretty accurate, with probably 1 or 2 people being a different player type than what i had predicted. stereotypes truly are a good way to judge a person, at least in poker.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:26 PM

Paluka's laydown
Old 03-01-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As hard as it is to fold a set, and last I checked I don't think I've ever done it to an all-in on the flop, I think you have to here. I'm assuming the flop was a rainbow which means it's not someone way overplaying a flushdraw. Ok, if it's an online tournament I probably call in a heartbeat and expect to get shown slowplayed aces or something like that... But really, at the 25-50 level of a deep stack (10k to start) tournament what kinds of hands is someone going to bet something in the neighborhood of 35 times the pot with??? In this situation it seems like (to me) he probably has 44. Two pair seems really unlikely J4? J2? 42? and jacks he probably would have raised preflop...

Granted this player has horribly misplayed his hand no matter what he has, but this reminds me of something Paul Phillips once said on here about facing a massive all-in overbet, and how his experience has taught him it usually means the guy has the nuts. I believe he was refering preflop to giving his opponent credit for aces, but it seems to apply here.

A number of things could change my opinion from call to fold, but this situation existing in the vacuum of little to no information you've tried to create I think I muck. I'm all about pushing my edges early, but here it seems that the majority of the time you're drawing to one out...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who pushes on the flop with a set when the flop is a rainbow, non-straight-draw type of board?
Old 03-01-2005, 04:47 PM

Wow. I really doubt I make that fold. But I respect your strategy posts so I can't really critize your play.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:49 PM

Anyone who pushes a set of jacks its an Idiot, anyone who pushes a set of fours is an idiot, anyone who pushes two pairs is an idiot, anyone who pushes is an idiot, going all-in for ur last 9950 on a pot of 300 doesnt seem right to me.