Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 09:30 PM

Default No more Pythagoras

Sorrowfully, he will no longer be posting picks at SSB. I've seen many people refer to him as the Man when it comes to free picks in the NBA, and I was looking forward to reviewing his plays this season.

Anyone know anybody else who has a strong NBA record and posts free picks? Fezzik concentrates on the NFL, and I don't know any of the posters on those boards or the RX boards well enough to know how strong their track records are.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:02 AM

Default Re: No more Pythagoras

tate had a good run last year but he has his own unique system.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:29 AM

Thx. I just started browsing those boards, and it looks like tate and spreadbeater are the guys people like. Tate looks like he has an almost Martingale-like system, though...hope it doesn't completely blow up on him one day. Anyone else solid on the RX board?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:50 PM

There's some sharp posters over there, most don't post picks though. I use the RX more for news. I'd tread very lightly following the strange systems, inflated numbers, and huge volume of picks used by many of these guys.

I'm sure there are exceptions (AFLguru and Slim come to mind) probably others as well, but the vast majority are horrible.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:28 PM

too bad, i think NBA is like college football, alot of work but alot of value (lines aren't nearly as efficient as NFL, NFL also has problem of spreads clustering on certain #).

hopefully we can find a replacement.. i think alot of people would have paid P $50 for his picks for an NBA season. but probably not enough $$$$. $500 becomes a big decision.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:38 PM

pythagoras was a winner.. sucks he wont be posting anymore!
Old 11-03-2005, 07:20 PM

Pythagoras is the best NBA handicapper I have seen on the Internet. I don't know if they archive the free pages at SSB anymore, but if they do I would advise everyone to read his old posts. He made a few posts where he talked generally about the handicapping methods he uses. I have applied the same principles with good success. I just can't seem to find an edge on as many games as he does.