Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 12:27 PM

Default JTs on button, crazy river action.

I'm playing in a good live 30/60 game. The reasons it's good are two friends sitting UTG+1 and UTG +2, who are probably about 35/5/1 if I had to guess. Anyway, they both open limp. A tight, but rather ABC player limps behind in the CO. I raise J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] from the button. SB folds, decent BB calls, everyone else calls. Flop comes down:
4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Everyone checks to me, I check.
Turn is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB bets out, UTG +1 calls, UTG+2 folds, ABC player raises. I think the BB could be betting out with any piece of the board. ABC player's range is a set, top pair decent kicker (think QJ) or maybe something like A9s that picked up the flush draw. I decide that raising and getting fourbet would suck, and thus I just call.

BB and UTG+1 call quickly.
River is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB bets. UTG +1 raises. ABC 3bets. Edit: I fold. Obvious? Note it's a fivebet cap. Other streets ok?
Old 12-12-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: JTs on button, crazy river action.

You have lost 3 Big Bets.
If you don't fold here you will lose 8.

Fold

ABC looks like he flopped a set.
UTG looks like he has a flush.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:25 PM

i think youre drawing to a straight 8 outs on avg. with KQ being possible in a few places, and other possible spade draws. id probably bet the flop and see what you can get outta there, maybe cleaning up your Js and Ts and other flush draws. you got 2 overs and 2 backdoor draws. and if you pick one of them up, check behind on the turn. bet it if you hit a pair. ABC cant have A9s cuz the 9s hits the river. and even with 3 bets to you on the river, i dont think you have to see it down with only a J hi flush on a paired board. i dont think youre getting enough to call 2 cold on the turn is the bottom line. and youre not even closing the action. the BB could have any 2 for 2 pr, UTG probably hit the Q with KQ-QT, but seens as its your friend, you should know what he has. whats to say youre gonna get any action on the river? just my 2 cents, but what do i know
Old 12-12-2005, 04:02 PM

PREFLOP: I dont think it matters in the long run whether you call or raise in this spot.

FLOP: I like your check. You are against 4 players, a flop bet will never win this pot, and you could get checkraised and have to pay 2sbs to see the turn when you couldve done that for free. If however all you opponents are passive and very unlikely to checkraise you, betting the flop may be ok with the intention of taking a free card on the next round. But with no read and no hand against 4 opponents, I think the standard line should be to take your free card right away on the flop.

Turn: Standard

River: Good fold, given the action and the description of the players, there is no way your hand is good.