Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Pokerstars Freeroll

I am a n00b when it comes to online poker but I was wondering if I have no money deposited online and I haven't given the site information past what I need to play freeplay can I enter into freeroll tournaments and be eligable for the prizes?
Old 08-20-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars Freeroll

Yes
Old 08-20-2005, 04:43 AM

stars free rolls might be the worst
Old 08-20-2005, 08:34 AM

Yeah, on Stars you have to make it through one freeroll with around 5k-6k people, which only qualifies you for a tourney that sunday, which will have a prize pool of about $500 for around 1000 ppl.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:02 AM

Haha, yeah. I always hated those tourneys. I'd be in the bb with something like T5 and the flop would come 554. I'd go broke and the guy would almost ALWAYS have 44. Always made me angry.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Haha, yeah. I always hated those tourneys. I'd be in the bb with something like T5 and the flop would come 554. I'd go broke and the guy would almost ALWAYS have 44. Always made me angry.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to re-read his post.

The reason pokerstars tourneys suck is because there is virtually no value to them.

Getting knocked out of the tournament is doing you a favor.

Freerolls on almost ANY other site are worth more.
Freerolls on pokerstars are pretty much the same as play-money tourneys.

I believe that if you make the final-table to qualify for the weekly-round 2 thing you get about $0.50 in value ($500 prize-pool divided by about 1000 players).

Whereas on a site like pokerroom or pacific you can play freerolls where you don't have to qualify for the weekly round 2 and you are alreadly playing for a $250 or $500 prize-pool.

Party player-points tourneys (they call them freerolls even though they really aren't) aren't bad either. but you have to play SOME in order to get the player-points in the first place.
Empire freerolls aren't bad either but I believe you have to play 50 raked hands that day in order to be able to register for the freeroll.

Anyway - a lot of these sites (including pokerstars) also offer tourneys for only $1 or $2.
You are MUCH better off just playing these instead on some of the sites
It's not like the $1 entry-fee is going to break you...but you are actually get to play for SOME (not a lot) of money.

Some of these $1 tourneys have a $100-guaranteed or something...and if they don't get enough players you are playing for a little overlay as well.