Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2005, 05:29 AM

Default Re: preflop with KQs

Yes, I really think you make the most important points here. These really can't be good players, all limping with the blinds at that level. I think you should have enough time (although not a whole lot) to outplay these guys. Moreover, if they're so passive, I would expect some blind steals to work when you don't have the entire field to deal with (and I wouldn't be very picky about my hand if I have a good idea of who at the table is particularly weak).

I really don't think these pot odds, etc. consideration brought up by several other posters are really so much applicable in this kind of tournament situation. Ok, so you stand to gain a lot, which may or may not "guarantee" you the money (I don't see that it does from what has been said). But in tournament situations when you commit your whole stack, you really do want to be the favorite if called, and at worst a coinflip. If you lose, your chances of the money are now 0%. I think I'd really need to assess the chances that the field will fold at better than 50% in order to make this move.