Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2004, 12:21 AM

Default Re: My take

I've got road runner (cable) so im pretty sure im fine.

Im sure its a CPU issue, because I run Norton System Doctor, and it shows memory fine, user resources fine, but the CPU redlined at 100% for however long as it takes to update the lobby, which can be indefinitely.

Following Loris advice of choosing lobbies which are less busy, I am able to play SnGs, which is ok, I guess. I need a new machine anyway.

Best,

Zooey
Old 01-26-2004, 12:36 AM

Pentium II 356 RAM Cable modum and unless I have the options off I'm unplayable.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:40 AM

The sad thing is that "Auto refresh, on/off" would solve all these issues.

Lori
Old 01-26-2004, 06:08 AM

I played there for most of yesterday and didn't notice a difference. However, I'm on a broadband connection and the computer is still a reasonable spec (1GHz AMD Athlon). I did see the odd user regularly taking an age to play so it looks as though a few people were having problems.

However, perhaps the fact that so many 2+2ers are having problems explains my upturn in fortunes. Fishiest 2/4 tables I've seen in ages. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The only other thing I've noticed is a slight lag at the end of the odd hand where everything pauses for a second or two. Other than that its been OK.

If the upgrade was going to require an improved machine spec it would at least have been nice to warn the users!

Perhaps they just didn't realise the impact it would have rather than it being a conscious decision to drive away its lower spec users. It seems a strange thing to do just before a big Superbowl ad campaign which will no doubt bring a flood of new players to the site. Surely some of these have older machines too.