Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 03:30 PM

Default Re: KotZ Tourney tomorrow?

Damn,

While I love the idea of competing in Stud/8 to change things up, I won't be able to make it tonight. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Have fun without me.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is an interesting point about the bankrolls. Maybe a few $5 or $10 events next year would help boost overall participation...worth a thought at least. Is this doable, Ed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe ed can look at the events which didnt get a big turnout and bump em down to a $10 + 0.50 event. But I still think the time of year has a big effect - the sep limit HE event only got 25 entries; and that's the game everyone knows! The entries have definitely tailed off as we approach the end. The recent PLHE got less than 40 as well. Even limit stud and PLO8 got more than that early in the season.

A tailing off of interest is inevitable though, as some players have a bad run early and lose interest.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:33 PM

I agree with emark's earlier point of pimping the events a bit more.

There are some 'old-time' zoo-ers who just don't appear as much around here anymore.....and some of the newer zoo-ers (hey, i rhymed!!) have no idea what KOTZ is.
There used to be a lot of KOTZ-talk and trash-talk, etc etc and that would bring in more newcomers. We need to advertise a bit more to keep them coming I guess.
Not sure.

For me, I haven't played in a KOTZ in months but it's been one obstacle after another. I had several Thursday nights when my adult-soccer league had a game for example.
Other times I was sure I would be able to make it and something came up.

Tonight I am a maybe. I'll make it if I can to contribute my dead-money but I'm visiting family so they may want to go out to dinner or something.

Good luck all.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:35 PM

Default Participation numbers

Participation Figures
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
NLHE 65
PLO8 40
PLHE 62
LHE 53
Stud 43
NLHE 60
PLHE 49
PLO 41
LHE 44
NLHE 42
O8 34
PLHE 38
NL-HU 27
LHE 25
NLHE-R 32
</pre><hr />

Participation has eroded throughout the year, but it's only tailed off from what I expected in the last three events. No way did I think 60 per HE, 40 per non-HE was sustainable as we had in the early part of the year. 35-40 runners for HE and 30-35 for non-HE is what I think is sustainable and we only fell off that pace in the last three events.

We'll see how the year ends up, especially if the $50 buyin to the championship is a turnoff, but so far I'm not too concerned and don't plan on any big changes. We could move to a 20 HE/10 non-HE buyin structure and I think that certainly would attract more players, maybe 60 per HE event. On the other hand, I don't mind 40 runner events, it's a good number of participants, we've developed a core of regulars and we've all gotten to know each other's games and there's always some mix of new faces around. Right now I'm willing to give this format one more year and if next year the numbers continue to deteriorate than that will be the time to make a move.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Participation numbers

Perhaps you could try to persuade Stars to run some $5 &amp; $10 satellites for the championship event to enable those on a smaller bankroll to play.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:19 PM

Default password?

if anyone knows the password, I would love a pm.

thanks,

Ryan -- aka rybones
Old 11-11-2004, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Participation numbers

i think the satellite idea is a good one, i would definitely play a 5/10 dollar tourney to mess around with some 2+2ers...
Old 11-11-2004, 08:44 PM

Default Re: KotZ Tourney Starts in about an hour !!!

Hey, there is still time to get to Stars and play in this tournament.

You know what the best thing about the KOTZ is right now? I can look at the list of players and I know that almost everyone of them has knocked me out of a tournament [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. How often can you say that?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 09:15 PM

Default Re: KotZ Tourney Starts in about an hour !!!

I finally have money again, so I'll donate $21 of it to you all. It'll be fun!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:21 PM

Anyone able to spot me the $21 at stars? .... waiting for transfers to hit neteller to whore over at stars and dont want to depo anything until i have the full $600 ready to go. I can get you back immediately via neteller. Also... i need the password....

thanks
cubs