Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: i had a dream last night that the colts went 16-0

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

I think you'll find that things are a lot different in the playoffs when the Pats are playing in Indy, as opposed to below freezing in Foxboro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if anyone remembers the result of the last game that the Pats played in Indy. It was an exciting game to watch, but ultimatlly the Pats came out on top.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

I think you'll find that things are a lot different in the playoffs when the Pats are playing in Indy, as opposed to below freezing in Foxboro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if anyone remembers the result of the last game that the Pats played in Indy. It was an exciting game to watch, but ultimatlly the Pats came out on top.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be one of my favorite arguments ever.

But, but, we beat you two years ago when our teams and coaches were different!!!!

New year. Colts = better. Patriots = worse.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be one of my favorite arguments ever.

But, but, we beat you two years ago when our teams and coaches were different!!!!

New year. Colts = better. Patriots = worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. However, the colts have lost in Indy this year, and the Pats have won in the dome, so the argument that the Colts will win because of the location of the game doesn't really hold up.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:39 AM

No, it just makes it even harder to beat the best team in the NFL, which is much improved, and the Patriots, who are not playing anywhere near the level they were playing at last year.

Note to Pats fans: The Colts are better this year, the Patriots are worse.

The Colts will probably win because they are playing at home, because their D-Line munches a Patriots line, because Manning picks apart a weak secondary, and because they will be fully rested and healthy against a banged up Pats team that still has to beat Jacksonville to get to Indy.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:40 AM

Fellas,

This entire thread from start to finish blows in many ways. Just let it die.

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and the Patriots, who are not playing anywhere near the level they were playing at last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've seen the last few weeks, this is debatable. What happened early and mid season is totally meaningless right now. The Pats are a vastly superior team to the one early in the year and I believe are playing as well as they played last year at the same time of year.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:19 AM

Yeah, the Vince Wilfork beat the ever loving piss out of that O-line. Still, I think it's important to remember that the Pats beat up on a team that was a) roughly average and b) not a good matchup. The Bucs don't have a great O-Line and rely on a very complicated short passing offense. This, of course, completely masks the secondary deficiency the current Pats have. Teams with good O-Lines and medium-to-long passing attacks should be able to expose the defense. Fortunately for the Pats, those teams are like, uh, the Colts and Bengals, maybe the Seahawks.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the Vince Wilfork beat the ever loving piss out of that O-line. Still, I think it's important to remember that the Pats beat up on a team that was a) roughly average and b) not a good matchup. The Bucs don't have a great O-Line and rely on a very complicated short passing offense. This, of course, completely masks the secondary deficiency the current Pats have. Teams with good O-Lines and medium-to-long passing attacks should be able to expose the defense. Fortunately for the Pats, those teams are like, uh, the Colts and Bengals, maybe the Seahawks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you say Seahawks? So in your opinion, the door is open a least a crack for the Pats to get back to the big game again. I like it.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Colts O line didn't look so great yesterday. Especially w/ their injury at RG (name escapes me right now)

Everyone keeps talking about the Pats secondary being so terrible - and I agree it's not great - but who did the Patriots have at the corners last year vs. the Colts? I believe the starters were Asante Samuel and Randall Gay. Not much different than Samuel and Hobbs.

I grant that Harrison is a big loss, but Sanders has looked better lately - he is a rookie after all.

The front 7, meanwhile, will probably be BETTER than it was a year ago, when Seymour didn't play.